The East Carolina Pirates (7-6) are expected to continue a five-game losing streak when they host the No. 5 Houston Cougars (15-1) as 16-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at Minges Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The point total in the matchup is set at 129.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|East Carolina (+16)||Over (129)||Houston 73 East Carolina 58|
- In nine of 16 games (56.2%) this year, the Cougars and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 129 points.
- East Carolina and its opponents have added up to score at least 129 points in 61.5% of their matchups this year (eight of 13 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 141.9 points per game, 12.9 more points than the over/under of 129 set for this game.
- The Cougars and the Pirates have seen their opponents average a combined 6.6 fewer points per game than the over/under of 129 set in this matchup.
- The average point total for Cougars games this season is 1.1 more points than the total of 129 in this matchup.
- The average total for Pirates games this season is 5.2 more points than the point total of 129 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars average 7.7 more points per game (74.1) than the Pirates allow (66.4).
- When Houston scores more than 66.4 points, it is 13-0 overall and 10-0 against the spread.
- East Carolina is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when giving up more than 74.1 points.
- The Pirates average 11.8 more points per game (67.8) than the Cougars give up (56).
- East Carolina is 3-0 against the spread and 7-4 overall when it scores more than 56 points.
- Houston has a 0-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-0 in games when its opponents put up more than 67.8 points.
- The Cougars have put up a total of 290 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 18.1 per game), and the Pirates have out-scored opponents by only 18 points on the season (1.4 more per game).
Houston Betting Information
- The Cougars have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 12-4 record.
- The Cougars have posted a winning record of 3-1 against the spread when the spread is -16 or bigger.
- Houston and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 6 of 16 games this season (37.5%).
East Carolina Betting Information
- East Carolina has a losing record against the spread, going 3-8 ATS (covering just 27.3% of the time).
- East Carolina has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 36.4% of matchups this year (4 out of 11 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/29/2020||Houston||-13||141||-1112||+675||Regular Season||69-59 UH|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||99-65 UH|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-50 UH|
- The Cougars scoring leader is Quentin Grimes, who averages 16.8 per contest to go with 6.7 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Justin Gorham leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 10.1 per game, while DeJon Jarreau leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.0 in each contest.
- Marcus Sasser contributes the bulk of the Cougars’ three-point shooting production. He hits 3.3 threes per game to pace the team.
- Sasser is the Cougars leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Brison Gresham leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
East Carolina Leaders
- Jayden Gardner puts up 17.1 points and 8.1 rebounds per game for the Pirates, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Tristen Newton dishes out 4.2 assists per game, the most assists on the Pirates.
- Tremont Robinson-White is consistent from three-point range and leads the Pirates with 1.5 made threes per game.
- Newton (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for East Carolina while Ludgy Debaut (1.2 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED