The Memphis Tigers (15-6) will try to build on a six-game win streak when they visit the No. 9 Houston Cougars (20-3) at 12:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021 as 9.5-point underdogs. The Cougars have won three games in a row. The matchup has an over/under of 132.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston (-9.5)||Over (132.5)||Houston 72 Memphis 62|
- The Cougars and their opponents have scored more than 132.5 points in 60.9% of their outings this season (14 of 23 opportunities).
- Memphis has played in 11 games this season (out of 21 total matchups — 52.4% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 132.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 150.1 points per game, 17.6 more points than the total of 132.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 119.4 points per game, 13.1 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The Cougars average point total in outings this year is 134.9, 2.4 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Tigers games this year have averaged an over/under of 134.6 points, 2.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars record 15.5 more points per game (77.6) than the Tigers give up (62.1).
- When Houston scores more than 62.1 points, it is 16-0 against the spread and 20-3 overall.
- In games when Memphis allows more than 77.6 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall.
- The Tigers average 15.2 more points per game (72.5) than the Cougars allow (57.3).
- Memphis is 11-0 against the spread and 15-4 overall when it scores more than 57.3 points.
- Houston is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows more than 72.5 points.
- The Cougars have totaled 467 more points than their opponents this season (20.3 per game on average), and the Tigers have scored 218 more points than their opponents (10.4 per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Cougars have covered 16 times in 22 contests.
- When favored by at least 9.5 points, the Cougars have fared well against the spread, compiling an 11-5 record.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over 11 times in 22 contests this season.
Memphis Betting Information
- Memphis has a winning record against the spread, going 11-9 ATS (covering 55.0% of the time).
- When they are at least 9.5-point underdogs, the Tigers have not fared well, going 3-5 against the spread.
- In the majority of Memphis’ games this year, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 20 games, 20%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/8/2020||Houston||-9||135.5||-464||+345||Regular Season||64-57 UH|
|2/22/2020||Houston||-2.5||139||-149||+119||Regular Season||60-59 MEM|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-77 UH|
- The Cougars scoring leader is Quentin Grimes, who averages 17.9 per contest to go with 6.1 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- Justin Gorham leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 9.3 per game, while DeJon Jarreau leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- Grimes provides the bulk of the Cougars’ three-point shooting production. He hits 3.1 threes per game to lead the team.
- Jarreau is Houston’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Brison Gresham leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- Landers Nolley II is at the top of the Tigers scoring leaderboard with 13.1 points per game. He also pulls down 3.7 rebounds and racks up 1.7 assists per game.
- Moussa Cisse puts up a stat line of 7.0 rebounds, 7.1 points and 0.5 assists per game for Memphis to take the top rebound spot on the team. Alex Lomax has the top spot for assists with 4.4 per game, adding 6.3 points and 3.1 rebounds per matchup.
- Nolley hits 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Tigers.
- DeAndre Williams (2.0 steals per game) and Cisse (1.9 blocks per game) lead the Tigers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED