A game after he scored 31 points in an 83-60 win over Tulane, Cameron Tyson leads the No. 6 Houston Cougars (14-1) at home against the SMU Mustangs (9-3) as 10-point favorites. The matchup, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 31, 2021, airs on ESPN. The point total for the matchup is set at 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston (-10)||Under (139.5)||Houston 74 SMU 64|
- In 26.7% of their opportunities this year (four of 15 chances), the Cougars and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- SMU and its opponents have added up to score more than 139.5 points in 66.7% of their games this season (eight of 12 opportunities).
- The Cougars and the Mustangs combine to average 12.4 more points per game than the total of 139.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 15.5 less points per game (124) than this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- The average point total for Cougars games this year is 8.6 fewer points than the over/under of 139.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Mustangs games this year is 5.5 more points than the point total of 139.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars record 6.9 more points per game (74.4) than the Mustangs allow (67.5).
- When Houston totals more than 67.5 points, it is 12-0 overall and 9-0 against the spread.
- SMU is 1-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread when allowing more than 74.4 points.
- The Mustangs’ 77.5 points per game are 21 more points than the 56.5 the Cougars give up.
- SMU is 5-0-1 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it scores more than 56.5 points.
- Houston is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows more than 77.5 points.
- The Cougars have totaled 268 more points than their opponents this season (17.9 per game on average), and the Mustangs have scored 120 more points than their opponents (10 per game).
Houston Betting Information
- The Cougars have been strong against the spread this season, earning an 11-4 record.
- The Cougars have posted a winning record of 7-3 against the spread when the spread is -10 or bigger.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 6 of 15 contests this season, a rate of 40%
SMU Betting Information
- SMU’s record against the spread is 5-5-1.
- When they are at least 10-point underdogs, the Mustangs have fared well, going 3-1 against the spread.
- SMU and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 7 of 11 (63.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/3/2021||Houston||-1||135||-122||+100||Regular Season||74-60 UH|
|2/15/2020||Houston||-1.5||137.5||-126||+102||Regular Season||73-72 SMU|
|1/15/2020||Houston||-7.5||138.5||-354||+270||Regular Season||71-62 UH|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-79 UH|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-58 UH|
- Quentin Grimes leads the Cougars in scoring, tallying 17.6 points per game to go with 6.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Justin Gorham leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 9.7 per game, while DeJon Jarreau leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.9 in each contest.
- Marcus Sasser leads his teammates on the Cougars with 3.2 made threes per outing.
- Grimes and Brison Gresham lead Houston on the defensive end, with Grimes leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Gresham in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- Kendric Davis scores 17.3 points and tacks on 7.7 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Mustangs’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- The Mustangs’ top rebounder is Feron Hunt — he pulls down 8.0 per game while scoring 12.4 points per game.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel provides the most three-point shooting production for the Mustangs. He makes 2.0 threes per game.
- SMU’s leader in steals is Davis (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Yor Anei (2.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED