The SMU Mustangs (6-0) will look to continue a six-game win streak when they host the No. 5 Houston Cougars (7-1) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Moody Coliseum as just 2-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESP2. The matchup’s point total is set at 137.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|SMU (+2)||Over (137)||Houston 70 SMU 69|
- In 12 of eight outings (150%) this year, the Cougars and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 137 points.
- SMU has played in four games this season (out of six total matchups — 66.7% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 137 points.
- These two teams average a combined 157.8 points per game, 20.8 more points than the total of 137 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 16.8 less points per game (120.2) than this game’s over/under of 137 points.
- The Cougars average point total in matchups this season is 129.5, 7.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- Mustangs games this year have averaged an over/under of 148.5 points, 11.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars average 73.6 points per game, 9.3 more points than the 64.3 the Mustangs give up.
- Houston has a 5-0 record overall and a 3-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 64.3 points.
- SMU is 1-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread in games when it allows more than 73.6 points.
- The Mustangs put up an average of 84.2 points per game, 28.3 more points than the 55.9 the Cougars give up.
- SMU has put together a 4-0-1 ATS record and a 6-0 overall record in games it scores more than 55.9 points.
- Houston is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 84.2 points.
- The Cougars have put up a total of 142 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 17.7 per game), and the Mustangs have out-scored opponents by 119 points on the season (19.9 more per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Houston has been good against the spread this season, posting a 5-3 record.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Cougars have fared well against the spread, putting up a 4-3 record.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 3 of 8 contests this season, a rate of 37.5%
SMU Betting Information
- The Mustangs have a 4-0-1 record against the spread, covering in 80% of their games.
- The Mustangs have fared well as a 2-point underdog, going 3-0-1 against the spread when they are at least 2-point underdogs.
- SMU has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 60% of matchups this year (3 out of 5 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Houston||-1.5||137.5||-126||102||Regular Season||73-72 SMU|
|1/15/2020||Houston||-7.5||138.5||-354||270||Regular Season||71-62 UH|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-79 UH|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-58 UH|
- The Cougars scoring leader is Quentin Grimes, who averages 18.5 per contest to go with 7.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Houston’s leading rebounder is Justin Gorham averaging 7.5 boards per game and its best passer is DeJon Jarreau and his 3.3 assists per game.
- Marcus Sasser’s 3.2 made threes per game lead the Cougars.
- Sasser and J’wan Roberts lead Houston on the defensive end, with Sasser leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Roberts in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- Kendric Davis scores 19.2 points and tacks on 7.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Mustangs’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- SMU’s Ethan Chargois stats (7.7 rebounds per game, 11.5 points per game, 3.0 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mustangs, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.0 per contest.
- Davis (1.8 steals per game) is the steal leader for SMU while Feron Hunt (1.3 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found