A game after he put up 33 points in an 81-57 win over Western Kentucky, Quentin Grimes leads the No. 12 Houston Cougars (19-3) at home against the South Florida Bulls (8-9) as 19-point favorites. The matchup, which begins at 4:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 28, 2021, airs on ESPNU. The matchup has a point total of 132.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston (-19)||Over (132)||Houston 77 South Florida 56|
- The Cougars and their opponents have totaled at least 132 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 13 of 22 outings (59.1%) this year.
- In 11 of 17 outings (64.7%) this year, South Florida has combined with its opponents to score at least 132 points.
- These two teams average a combined 143.9 points per game, 11.9 more points than the over/under of 132 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined five fewer points per game (127) than this game’s total of 132 points.
- The average over/under the Cougars have had set in games this year is 2.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bulls this season is 4.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars average 76.7 points per game, 7.2 more points than the 69.5 the Bulls allow.
- Houston has a 12-0 record against the spread and a 15-1 record overall when putting up more than 69.5 points.
- South Florida is 1-4 overall and 0-4 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 76.7 points.
- The Bulls average 9.7 more points per game (67.2) than the Cougars give up to opponents (57.5).
- South Florida has put together a 4-0 ATS record and an 8-6 overall record in games it scores more than 57.5 points.
- Houston is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it gives up more than 67.2 points.
- The Cougars have out-scored their opponents by a total of 421 points this season (19.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bulls have out-scored them by 39 more points on the year (2.3 per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Against the spread, Houston has been strong this season, posting a 15-6 record.
- When favored by at least 19 points, the Cougars have compiled a 1-1 record ATS.
- Houston has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 10 times in 21 contests (47.6%).
South Florida Betting Information
- South Florida has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 5-10 ATS.
- In the majority of Bulls games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 15 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2021||Houston||-12.5||129||-836||+543||Regular Season||82-65 UH|
|2/12/2020||Houston||-5.5||126||-250||+196||Regular Season||62-58 UH|
|1/26/2020||Houston||-13.5||127||-1433||+790||Regular Season||68-49 UH|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-59 UH|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-60 UH|
- The scoring leader for the Cougars this season is Grimes, who averages 17.7 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Justin Gorham leads the Cougars in rebounding, averaging 9.5 per game, while DeJon Jarreau leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.0 in each contest.
- Grimes contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Cougars. He makes 3.0 threes per game.
- Jarreau and Brison Gresham lead Houston on the defensive end, with Jarreau leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Gresham in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
South Florida Leaders
- David Collins’ points (12.6 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Bulls’ leaderboards.
- Michael Durr is at the top of the South Florida rebounding leaderboard with 7.3 rebounds per game. He also scores 7.8 points and adds 0.4 assists per game.
- Justin Brown provides the bulk of the Bulls’ three-point shooting production. He makes 1.6 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Bulls’ leader in steals is Collins with 1.5 per game, and Durr is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED