The No. 6 Houston Cougars (13-1) are heavily favored (-17.5) to continue a six-game win streak when they visit the Tulane Green Wave (6-4) at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Devlin Fieldhouse. The game airs on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under set at 126.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 57.1% of their games this season (eight of 14 chances), the Cougars and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 126.5 points.
- Tulane and its opponents have combined to score more than 126.5 points in three of 10 outings (30%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 137.3 points per game, 10.8 more points than the over/under of 126.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 8.0 fewer points per game (118.5) than this matchup’s total of 126.5 points.
- The average point total in Cougars games this year is 3.6 more points than the total of 126.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Green Wave games this year is 0.8 less points than the point total of 126.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars record 73.8 points per game, 11.6 more points than the 62.2 the Green Wave give up.
- Houston has a 13-1 record overall and a 10-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 62.2 points.
- When Tulane allows more than 73.8 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Green Wave average 7.2 more points per game (63.5) than the Cougars allow their opponents to score (56.3).
- Tulane has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 6-3 overall record in games it scores more than 56.3 points.
- Houston is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 63.5 points.
- The Cougars have scored a total of 245 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 17.5 per game), and the Green Wave have out-scored opponents by just 13 points on the season (1.3 more per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Houston has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-4 record.
- The Cougars have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 17.5 points.
- Houston and its opponents have converted the over just 5 times in 14 (35.7%) games this season.
Tulane Betting Information
- Tulane has covered the spread in half of its outings, going 5-5 ATS.
- The Green Wave have not fared well as an 17.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 17.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Green Wave games this year, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 10 games, 20%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Houston||-17||128.5||-3355||+1225||Regular Season||71-50 UH|
|2/6/2020||Houston||-16.5||136.5||-2579||+1072||Regular Season||75-62 UH|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-50 UH|
- The scoring leader for the Cougars this season is Quentin Grimes, who averages 17.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
- Justin Gorham is Houston’s leading rebounder, grabbing 9.3 per game, while DeJon Jarreau is its best passer, distributing 3.9 assists in each contest.
- Marcus Sasser makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.4 per contest.
- Grimes and Brison Gresham lead Houston on the defensive end, with Grimes leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Gresham in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
- Jaylen Forbes puts up 15.2 points per game to be the top scorer for the Green Wave.
- R.J. McGee is atop the Green Wave rebounding leaderboard with 4.5 rebounds per game, and Jordan Walker leads the team in assists with 3.4 per contest.
- Forbes leads the Green Wave in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- Walker (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Tulane while Kevin Cross (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends