The No. 8 Houston Cougars (11-1) are heavily favored (-12) to build on a four-game win streak when they host the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (8-4) at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at Fertitta Center. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The over/under is set at 124 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Tulsa (+12)||Over (124)||Houston 70 Tulsa 58|
- In nine of 12 games (75%) this season, the Cougars and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 124 points.
- Tulsa and its opponents have added up to score at least 124 points in 75% of their matchups this year (nine of 12 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 17 more points per game (141) than this matchup’s total of 124 points.
- The Cougars and the Golden Hurricane have seen their opponents average a combined 6.6 less points per game than the over/under of 124 set for this matchup.
- The Cougars average point total in matchups this season is 129.8, 5.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Golden Hurricane games this season is 4.8 more points than the point total of 124 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.2 points per game the Cougars score are 12.3 more points than the Golden Hurricane allow (60.9).
- Houston has an 11-1 record overall and an 8-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 60.9 points.
- Tulsa has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall in games when it gives up more than 73.2 points.
- The Golden Hurricane put up an average of 67.8 points per game, 11.3 more points than the 56.5 the Cougars allow to opponents.
- Tulsa is 6-0 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it scores more than 56.5 points.
- Houston’s record is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows more than 67.8 points.
- The Cougars have out-scored their opponents by a total of 201 points this season (16.7 points per game on average), and the Golden Hurricane have put up 83 more points than their opponents on the year (6.9 per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Houston has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-4 record.
- The Cougars fare well when favored by at least 12 points, posting a 4-2 record against the spread.
- Houston has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 4 times in 12 contests (33.3%).
Tulsa Betting Information
- Tulsa has a 7-4 record against the spread, covering in 63.6% of their games.
- The Golden Hurricane have fared well as a 12-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 12-point underdogs.
- The Golden Hurricane and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 5 of 11 (45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/29/2020||Houston||-9.5||126||-558||+400||Regular Season||65-64 TULSA|
|2/19/2020||Houston||-10||129.5||-592||+420||Regular Season||76-43 UH|
|1/11/2020||Houston||-6||135.5||-275||+215||Regular Season||63-61 TULSA|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-65 UH|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-56 UH|
- The scoring leader for the Cougars this season is Quentin Grimes, who averages 17.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Justin Gorham is Houston’s leading rebounder, pulling down 9.1 per game, while DeJon Jarreau is its best passer, distributing 3.7 assists in each contest.
- Marcus Sasser’s 3.2 made threes per game lead the Cougars.
- Grimes is Houston’s leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Brison Gresham leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
- The Golden Hurricane’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Brandon Rachal with 14.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Elijah Joiner’s assist statline paces Tulsa; he racks up 3.8 assists per game.
- Austin Richie hits 1.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Golden Hurricane.
- The Golden Hurricane’s leader in steals is Darien Jackson with 1.8 per game, and Rachal is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends