A game after he scored 28 points in a 71-50 win over Tulane, Marcus Sasser leads the No. 11 Houston Cougars (10-1) at home against the UCF Knights (3-4) as 13.5-point favorites. The matchup, which airs at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 17, 2021, airs on ESPNU. The matchup has an over/under set at 129 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UCF (+13.5)||Over (129)||UCF 68 Houston 63|
- The Cougars and their opponents have put up at least 129 points — this matchup’s point total — in six of 11 outings (54.5%) this season.
- UCF has played in four games this year (out of seven total matchups — 57.1% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 129 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.7 more points per game (137.7) than this game’s over/under of 129 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 123.8 points per game, 5.2 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The Cougars average point total in matchups this year is 129.5, 0.5 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Knights this year is three points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars average 5.7 more points per game (73.1) than the Knights give up (67.4).
- Houston is 8-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- UCF is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when allowing more than 73.1 points.
- The Knights put up 8.2 more points per game (64.6) than the Cougars allow their opponents to score (56.4).
- UCF has compiled a 3-2 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 56.4 points.
- Houston has an ATS record of 1-1 and a 1-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 64.6 points.
- The Cougars have put up a total of 184 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 16.7 per game), while the Knights have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 20 total points, -2.8 per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Against the spread, Houston has been strong this season, posting a 7-4 record.
- The Cougars fare well when favored by at least 13.5 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- Houston and its opponents have converted the over just 3 times in 11 (27.3%) games this season.
UCF Betting Information
- UCF has a losing record against the spread, going 3-4 ATS (covering only 42.9% of the time).
- The Knights and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 2 of 7 (28.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/26/2020||Houston||-7.5||136.5||-366||+286||Regular Season||63-54 UH|
|1/3/2020||Houston||-9.5||134||-525||+384||Regular Season||78-63 UH|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-64 UCF|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-68 UH|
- The Cougars scoring leader is Quentin Grimes, who averages 17.7 per contest to go with 6.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- Justin Gorham leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 9.1 per game, while DeJon Jarreau leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.5 in each contest.
- Sasser’s 3.4 made threes per game lead the Cougars.
- Jarreau and Brison Gresham lead the Cougars on the defensive end, with Jarreau leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Gresham in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
- Dre Fuller Jr. paces the Knights in both rebounds and assists with 6.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.
- Brandon Mahan counts for 15.6 points per game, making him the top scorer on UCF’s team.
- Darin Green Jr. leads the Knights in three-point shooting with an average of 2.4 made threes per game.
- Isaiah Adams (2.0 steals per game) is the steal leader for UCF while C.J. Walker (1.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Utah State Aggies vs. Nevada Wolf Pack: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Seattle U Redhawks 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. CSU Northridge Matadors 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- UCSB Gauchos vs. UC Riverside Highlanders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- UNLV Rebels vs. Fresno State Bulldogs: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends