The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (15-4) are heavy, 12-point underdogs as they try to build on a six-game winning streak when they visit the No. 12 Houston Cougars (18-3) on Thursday, February 25, 2021 at Fertitta Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The point total for the matchup is set at 136.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston (-12)||Over (136)||Houston 76 Western Kentucky 63|
- In 38.1% of their opportunities this season (eight of 21 chances), the Cougars and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 136 points.
- In 12 of 19 games (63.2%) this season, Western Kentucky has combined with its opponents to score more than 136 points.
- These two teams average a combined 151.5 points per game, 15.5 more points than the total of 136 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined nine less points per game (127) than this matchup’s total of 136 points.
- The Cougars average point total in matchups this year is 134, two points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Hilltoppers this season is 8.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars record 7.1 more points per game (76.5) than the Hilltoppers give up (69.4).
- When Houston puts up more than 69.4 points, it is 14-1 overall and 11-0 against the spread.
- Western Kentucky is 2-0 overall and 1-1 against the spread in games when it allows more than 76.5 points.
- The Hilltoppers average 17.4 more points per game (75) than the Cougars give up to opponents (57.6).
- Western Kentucky is 8-0 against the spread and 15-3 overall when it scores more than 57.6 points.
- Houston has a 0-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 75 points.
- The Cougars have scored a total of 397 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 18.9 per game), and the Hilltoppers have out-scored opponents by 106 points on the season (5.6 more per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Against the spread, Houston has been strong this season, posting a 14-6 record.
- The Cougars fare well when favored by at least 12 points, posting a 9-3 record against the spread.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 9 of 20 contests this season, a rate of 45%
Western Kentucky Betting Information
- Western Kentucky has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 8-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 12-point underdogs, the Hilltoppers have a record ATS of 0-3.
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 9 of 19 (47.4%).
- Quentin Grimes leads the Cougars in scoring, tallying 16.9 points per game to go with 6.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Houston’s leading rebounder is Justin Gorham averaging 9.6 boards per game and its best passer is DeJon Jarreau and his 4.1 assists per game.
- Marcus Sasser’s 2.9 threes per game leads the Cougars.
- Jarreau and Brison Gresham lead the Cougars on the defensive end, with Jarreau leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Gresham in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
Western Kentucky Leaders
- The Hilltoppers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Charles Bassey with 18.0 points and 11.7 rebounds per game.
- Dayvion McKnight’s assist statline paces Western Kentucky; he racks up 3.8 assists per game.
- Luke Frampton leads his teammates on the Hilltoppers with 2.2 made threes per game.
- Josh Anderson (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Western Kentucky while Bassey (3.2 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED