The Wichita State Shockers (12-4) are 7.5-point underdogs as they try to build on a four-game win streak when they host the No. 6 Houston Cougars (17-2) on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at Charles Koch Arena. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup’s over/under is 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wichita State (+7.5)||Over (136.5)||Houston 72 Wichita State 66|
- The Cougars and their opponents have scored more than 136.5 points in 36.8% of their games this year (seven of 19 opportunities).
- In seven of 16 outings (43.8%) this year, Wichita State and its opponents have combined to score at least 136.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 149.4 points per game, 12.9 more points than the over/under of 136.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 125.6 points per game, 10.9 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The Cougars average point total in outings this season is 133.8, 2.7 points less than the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Shockers games this season is 4.7 more points than the point total of 136.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars score 8.2 more points per game (76.5) than the Shockers give up (68.3).
- Houston has a 10-0 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall when scoring more than 68.3 points.
- Wichita State is 2-2 against the spread and 4-0 overall when giving up more than 76.5 points.
- The Shockers’ 72.9 points per game are 15.6 more points than the 57.3 the Cougars allow.
- Wichita State is 12-3 overall and 6-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 57.3 points.
- Houston’s record is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it gives up more than 72.9 points.
- The Cougars have totaled 364 more points than their opponents this season (19.2 per game on average), and the Shockers have scored 74 more points than their opponents (4.6 per game).
Houston Betting Information
- The Cougars have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 13-5 record.
- The Cougars have posted a winning record of 11-5 against the spread when the spread is -7.5 or bigger.
- The Cougars have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 8 of 18 games (44.4%).
Wichita State Betting Information
- The Shockers have a losing record against the spread, going 6-7-1 ATS (covering just 42.9% of the time).
- When they are at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Shockers have not fared well, going 0-3 against the spread.
- Wichita State and its opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 7 of 14.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/6/2021||Houston||-11.5||135.5||-792||+537||Regular Season||70-63 UH|
|2/9/2020||Houston||-4||133.5||-205||+165||Regular Season||76-43 UH|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-54 UH|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-70 UH|
- The scoring leader for the Cougars this season is Quentin Grimes, who averages 16.9 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Houston’s leading rebounder is Justin Gorham averaging 10.1 boards per game and its best passer is DeJon Jarreau and his 4.3 assists per game.
- Marcus Sasser leads his teammates on the Cougars with 3.1 made threes per outing.
- Sasser is the Cougars leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Brison Gresham leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
Wichita State Leaders
- Tyson Etienne scores 17.3 points per game to be the top scorer for the Shockers.
- Wichita State’s leader in rebounds is Trey Wade with 5.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Alterique Gilbert with 3.7 per game.
- Etienne leads the Shockers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.9 made threes per game.
- Gilbert (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Wichita State while Dexter Dennis (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends