Tyson Etienne leads the Wichita State Shockers (6-2) into a matchup with the No. 11 Houston Cougars (8-1) after scoring 29 points in an 83-79 win over Ole Miss. The Cougars are 11.5-point favorites in the matchup on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 136.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wichita State (+11.5)||Over (136)||Houston 73 Wichita State 66|
- The Cougars and their opponents have combined to score more than 136 points in 133.3% of their games this season (12 of nine opportunities).
- Wichita State and its opponents have added up to score more than 136 points in 37.5% of their games this year (three of eight opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 12.6 more points per game (148.6) than this matchup’s total of 136 points.
- The Cougars and the Shockers have seen their opponents average a combined 12.2 less points per game than the point total of 136 set for this outing.
- The average total the Cougars have had set in matchups this year is six fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Shockers games this year is 6.4 more points than the point total of 136 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.7 points per game the Cougars average are 6.2 more points than the Shockers give up (67.5).
- Houston is 6-0 overall and 4-0 against the spread when scoring more than 67.5 points.
- When Wichita State allows more than 73.7 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- The Shockers put up 18.6 more points per game (74.9) than the Cougars give up to opponents (56.3).
- Wichita State has put together a 6-2 overall record and a 3-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 56.3 points.
- Houston is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 74.9 points.
- The Cougars have put up a total of 156 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 17.4 per game), and the Shockers have out-scored opponents by 59 points on the season (7.4 more per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Cougars have covered six times in nine contests.
- When favored by at least 11.5 points, the Cougars have put together a 2-2 record ATS.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 3 of 9 contests this season, a rate of 33.3%
Wichita State Betting Information
- Wichita State has a winning record against the spread, going 3-2-1 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- Wichita State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 4 of 6 (66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/9/2020||Houston||-4||133.5||-205||165||Regular Season||76-43 UH|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-54 UH|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-70 UH|
- Quentin Grimes leads the Cougars in scoring, tallying 17.7 points per game to go with 7.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Justin Gorham leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 8.8 per game, while DeJon Jarreau leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.4 in each contest.
- Marcus Sasser contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Cougars. He knocks down 3.1 threes per game.
- Jarreau is Houston’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Brison Gresham leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
Wichita State Leaders
- Etienne is the top scorer for the Shockers with 17.0 points per game. He also adds 3.3 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game to his statistics.
- Wichita State’s leader in rebounds is Trey Wade with 6.4 per game, and its leader in assists is Alterique Gilbert with 3.3 per game.
- Etienne is consistent from distance and leads the Shockers with 2.8 made threes per game.
- Wichita State’s leader in steals is Gilbert (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Morris Udeze (1.1 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found