The No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (15-5) are 5.5-point favorites as they look to build on a six-game winning streak when they visit the Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-9) on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at Williams Arena. The matchup airs at 3:30 PM ET on FOX. The matchup has an over/under of 148 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+5.5)||Over (148)||Illinois 76 Minnesota 73|
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have scored at least 148 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 11 of 20 games (55%) this season.
- In 10 of 22 outings (45.5%) this season, Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score at least 148 points.
- These teams average a combined 156 points per game, eight more points than the total of 148 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.4 points per game, 6.6 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Fighting Illini average point total in matchups this year is 150, two points higher than the total in this game.
- Golden Gophers games this season have averaged an over/under of 147.5 points, 0.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini score 8.6 more points per game (81.2) than the Golden Gophers give up (72.6).
- When Illinois totals more than 72.6 points, it is 13-3 overall and 10-0 against the spread.
- Minnesota is 2-4 against the spread and 2-4 overall when allowing more than 81.2 points.
- The Golden Gophers score an average of 74.8 points per game, six more points than the 68.8 the Fighting Illini give up.
- Minnesota has put together a 9-0-2 ATS record and a 12-3 overall record in games it scores more than 68.8 points.
- Illinois’ record is 2-5 against the spread and 3-4 overall when it gives up more than 74.8 points.
- The Fighting Illini have totaled 246 more points than their opponents this season (12.4 per game on average), and the Golden Gophers have scored 48 more points than their opponents (2.2 per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois has been solid against the spread, going 11-8-1 on the season.
- The Fighting Illini have posted a winning record of 6-5-1 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Illinois and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 11 of 20 chances this season.
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has a losing record against the spread, going 9-10-2 ATS (covering just 42.9% of the time).
- The Golden Gophers have gone 3-3-1 against the spread when they are at least a 5.5-point underdog.
- The Golden Gophers and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 10 of 21 (47.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/15/2020||Illinois||-8.5||146.5||-440||+339||Regular Season||92-65 ILL|
|1/30/2020||Illinois||-6||133.5||-275||+213||Regular Season||59-51 ILL|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-75 MINN|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-68 ILL|
- The Fighting Illini leader in points and assists is Ayo Dosunmu, who puts up 21.3 points per game along with 5.1 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn is the Fighting Illini best rebounder, grabbing an average of 10.6 boards in each contest while scoring 17.4 points per game.
- Adam Miller leads the Fighting Illini in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Trent Frazier and Cockburn lead Illinois on the defensive end, with Frazier leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Cockburn in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- The Golden Gophers’ Marcus Carr puts up enough points (19.4 per game) and assists (5.1 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Liam Robbins grabs 6.9 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.3 points per game and adds 1.0 assist per game) which puts him at the top of the Minnesota rebounding leaderboard.
- Carr provides the bulk of the Golden Gophers’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.0 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Minnesota’s leader in steals is Carr (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Robbins (2.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends