The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-11) are heavy, 15-point underdogs as they look to turn around an eight-game losing streak when they host the No. 6 Illinois Fighting Illini (13-5) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on BTN. The over/under is 148 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 55.6% of their games this season (10 of 18 chances), the Fighting Illini and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 148 points.
- Nebraska has played in six games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 148 points.
- These two teams average a combined 152.8 points per game, 4.8 more points than the over/under of 148 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142 points per game, six less than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Fighting Illini average point total in outings this season is 150.7, 2.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Cornhuskers this season is 3.8 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini score 8.6 more points per game (81.8) than the Cornhuskers give up (73.2).
- Illinois is 11-3 overall and 10-0 against the spread when scoring more than 73.2 points.
- Nebraska is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall when giving up more than 81.8 points.
- The Cornhuskers put up just 2.2 more points per game (71) than the Fighting Illini allow (68.8).
- Nebraska has gone 4-4 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.8 points.
- Illinois is 3-5 against the spread and 4-4 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 71 points.
- The Fighting Illini have totaled 234 more points than their opponents this season (13 per game on average), while the Cornhuskers have been out-scored by 33 total points (2.2 per game average differential).
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-6-1 record.
- The Fighting Illini have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -15 or higher.
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 18 games (55.6%) this season.
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 5-9 ATS.
- Nebraska has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 28.6% of matchups this season (4 out of 14 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2020||Illinois||-14||146.5||-1463||+802||Regular Season||71-59 ILL|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-64 ILL|
|12/2/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-60 NEB|
- The leader in points and assists for the Fighting Illini is Ayo Dosunmu, who scores 21.2 points and dishes out 5.1 assists per game.
- Kofi Cockburn is Illinois’ best rebounder, hauling in an average of 10.4 boards in each contest while scoring 17.2 points per game.
- Trent Frazier leads his teammates on the Fighting Illini with 2.0 made threes per outing.
- Frazier and Cockburn lead the Fighting Illini on the defensive end, with Frazier leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Cockburn in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
- Dalano Banton paces the Cornhuskers in rebounds and assists with 6.9 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game.
- Teddy Allen counts for 16.9 points per game, making him the top scorer on Nebraska’s team.
- Allen makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Cornhuskers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.1 per game.
- Nebraska’s leader in steals is Allen (1.6 per game), and its leader in blocks is Banton (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends