The No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (14-5) will try to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the Northwestern Wildcats (6-12) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at State Farm Center as heavy, 12.5-point favorites. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Illinois (-12.5)||Over (143.5)||Illinois 81 Northwestern 67|
- In 13 of 19 outings (68.4%) this year, the Fighting Illini and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- Northwestern has played in 10 games this year (out of 18 total matchups — 55.6% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 143.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 154.8 points per game, 11.3 more points than the total of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.4 fewer points per game (141.1) than this game’s total of 143.5 points.
- The average point total in Fighting Illini games this year is 7.1 more points than the over/under of 143.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Wildcats games this year is 1.7 more points than the point total of 143.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini average 81.6 points per game, 9.5 more points than the 72.1 the Wildcats give up.
- Illinois is 12-3 overall and 10-0 against the spread when scoring more than 72.1 points.
- Northwestern has a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when allowing more than 81.6 points.
- The Wildcats put up an average of 73.2 points per game, only 4.2 more points than the 69 the Fighting Illini allow.
- Northwestern has compiled a 6-7 overall record and a 6-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 69 points.
- Illinois has a 3-4 record overall and an ATS record of 2-5 in games when its opponents score more than 73.2 points.
- The Fighting Illini have totaled 239 more points than their opponents this season (12.6 per game on average), and the Wildcats have scored 20 more points than their opponents (1.1 per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- The Fighting Illini have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 11-7-1 record.
- The Fighting Illini have posted an even record of 2-2 against the spread when the spread is -12.5 or higher.
- In 11 of 19 (57.9%) contests this season, Illinois and its opponents have hit the total.
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have a 6-9-1 record against the spread, covering in only 37.5% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Wildcats have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In 8 out of Northwestern’s 16 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/7/2021||Illinois||-6.5||147||-295||+231||Regular Season||81-56 ILL|
|2/27/2020||Illinois||-6.5||132||-295||+232||Regular Season||74-66 ILL|
|1/18/2020||Illinois||-12||133||-928||+585||Regular Season||75-71 ILL|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-76 ILL|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-66 NWU|
- The leader in points and assists for the Fighting Illini is Ayo Dosunmu, who scores 21.7 points and distributes 5.1 assists per game.
- Kofi Cockburn leads the Fighting Illini in rebounding, pulling down 10.6 rebounds per game while also scoring 17.4 points a contest.
- The Fighting Illini get the most three-point shooting production out of Trent Frazier, who makes 2.0 threes per game.
- Frazier and Cockburn lead the Fighting Illini on the defensive end, with Frazier leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Cockburn in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
- Chase Audige scores 12.8 points per game and is the top scorer for the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats’ leader in rebounds is Pete Nance with 6.8 per contest, and their leader in assists is Boo Buie with 4.4 per game.
- Buie is dependable from deep and leads the Wildcats with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Northwestern’s leader in steals is Audige with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Nance with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends