The No. 12 Illinois Fighting Illini (8-3) are 7-point favorites as they look to continue a three-game win streak when they visit the Northwestern Wildcats (6-3) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 149.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern (+7)||Over (149.5)||Illinois 77 Northwestern 75|
- In eight of 11 outings (72.7%) this year, the Fighting Illini and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 149.5 points.
- Northwestern has combined with its opponents to score more than 149.5 points in three of nine opportunities (33.3%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 17.6 more points per game (167.1) than this game’s total of 149.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 12.9 less points per game (136.6) than this game’s total of 149.5 points.
- The average total the Fighting Illini have had set in matchups this season is 4.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Wildcats this year is 0.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini put up 85.4 points per game, 17.8 more points than the 67.6 the Wildcats give up.
- When Illinois puts up more than 67.6 points, it is 7-3 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When Northwestern allows more than 85.4 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Wildcats put up 12.7 more points per game (81.7) than the Fighting Illini allow (69).
- When it scores more than 69 points, Northwestern is 4-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Illinois has a 0-2 record overall and an ATS record of 0-2 in games when its opponents score more than 81.7 points.
- The Fighting Illini have scored a total of 180 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 16.4 per game), and the Wildcats have out-scored opponents by 127 points on the season (14.1 more per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois is solid against the spread, going 6-4-1 on the season.
- The Fighting Illini have posted a winning record of 3-1-1 against the spread when the spread is -7 or higher.
- In 8 of 11 (72.7%) contests this season, Illinois and its opponents have hit the total.
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have a winning record against the spread, going 4-3 ATS (covering 57.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 7-point underdogs, the Wildcats have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 3 of 7 (42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||Illinois||-6.5||132||-295||+232||Regular Season||74-66 ILL|
|1/18/2020||Illinois||-12||133||-928||+585||Regular Season||75-71 ILL|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-76 ILL|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-66 NWU|
- Ayo Dosunmu leads the Fighting Illini in points and assists per game, scoring 23.0 points and distributing 5.0 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn is the Fighting Illini best rebounder, pulling down an average of 9.9 boards in each contest while scoring 16.9 points per game.
- Da’Monte Williams leads the Fighting Illini in three-point shooting with an average of 1.7 made threes per game.
- Trent Frazier is the Fighting Illini leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Cockburn leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
- Miller Kopp is the top scorer for the Wildcats with 14.4 points per game. He also adds 2.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game to his statistics.
- Ryan Young has a stat line of 6.2 rebounds, 9.0 points and 1.4 assists per game for Northwestern to take the top rebound spot on the team. Boo Buie holds the top spot for assists with 5.4 per game, adding 11.4 points and 2.9 rebounds per matchup.
- Kopp averages 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats’ leader in steals is Kopp with 1.0 per game, and Pete Nance is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found