The No. 2 seed Illinois Fighting Illini (22-6) and the No. 5 Ohio State Buckeyes (21-8) will play to determine the Big Ten conference champion on Sunday at 3:30 PM ET, live on CBS. Illinois holds the advantage, as bookmakers favor the Fighting Illini by 5.5 points to claim the automatic berth into the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have combined to score more than 150.5 points in 53.6% of their games this year (15 of 28 opportunities).
- In 10 of 29 outings (34.5%) this year, Ohio State has combined with its opponents to score at least 150.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.6 more points per game (158.1) than this game’s over/under of 150.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 138.9 points per game, 11.6 less than the point total for this game.
- The average point total in Fighting Illini games this year is 0.9 fewer points than the over/under of 150.5 in this matchup.
- Buckeyes games this year have averaged a total of 147.2 points, 3.3 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini average 10.8 more points per game (81.1) than the Buckeyes allow (70.3).
- Illinois has a 17-0 record against the spread and a 20-4 record overall when putting up more than 70.3 points.
- Ohio State is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall when allowing more than 81.1 points.
- The Buckeyes put up an average of 77 points per game, 8.4 more points than the 68.6 the Fighting Illini give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 68.6 points, Ohio State is 15-0 against the spread and 19-2 overall.
- Illinois’ record is 1-5 against the spread and 1-5 overall when it gives up more than 77 points.
- The Fighting Illini have out-scored their opponents by a total of 350 points this season (12.5 points per game on average), and the Buckeyes have put up 194 more points than their opponents on the year (6.7 per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois has been strong against the spread, going 18-9-1 on the season.
- The Fighting Illini fare well when favored by at least 5.5 points, posting an 8-6-1 record against the spread.
- The Fighting Illini have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 12 times in 28 games this season.
Ohio State Betting Information
- The Buckeyes have a 16-13 record against the spread, covering in 55.2% of their contests.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Buckeyes have fared well, going 6-5 against the spread.
- Ohio State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 15 of 29 (51.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2021||Ohio State||-2||150||-139||+116||Regular Season||73-68 ILL|
|1/16/2021||Illinois||-7.5||145.5||-329||+261||Regular Season||87-81 OSU|
|3/5/2020||Ohio State||-5.5||132||-243||+193||Regular Season||71-63 OSU|
|2/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||63-56 ILL|
|12/5/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-67 OSU|
- Ayo Dosunmu leads the Fighting Illini in points and assists per game, scoring 20.9 points and distributing 5.4 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn leads Illinois in rebounding, pulling down 9.6 boards per game while also scoring 17.6 points a contest.
- Trent Frazier leads his teammates on the Fighting Illini with 1.9 made threes per outing.
- Frazier is Illinois’ leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Cockburn leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
Ohio State Leaders
- The Buckeyes’ leader in scoring and rebounding is E.J. Liddell with 16.1 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- CJ Walker records more assists than any other Ohio State teammate with 4.4 per game. He also averages 9.1 points and grabs 3.0 rebounds per game.
- Duane Washington Jr. paces his teammates on the Buckeyes with 2.8 made threes per contest.
- The Buckeyes’ leader in steals is Justice Sueing with 1.0 per game, and Liddell is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED