The Penn State Nittany Lions (3-5) will attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 22 Illinois Fighting Illini (9-5) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at State Farm Center as 8.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under of 152 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (+8.5)||Over (152)||Illinois 80 Penn State 73|
- In seven of 14 outings (50%) this season, the Fighting Illini and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 152 points.
- In four of eight games (50%) this year, Penn State has combined with its opponents to score at least 152 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.7 more points per game (160.7) than this matchup’s total of 152 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 145.9 points per game, 6.1 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Fighting Illini average point total in matchups this season is 152.3, 0.3 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Nittany Lions games this year have averaged a total of 154.4 points, 2.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini score 83.1 points per game, 6.3 more points than the 76.8 the Nittany Lions allow.
- Illinois is 7-3 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 76.8 points.
- When Penn State gives up more than 83.1 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Nittany Lions’ 77.6 points per game are 8.5 more points than the 69.1 the Fighting Illini give up.
- Penn State has put together a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-4 overall record in games it scores more than 69.1 points.
- Illinois is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 77.6 points.
- The Fighting Illini have out-scored their opponents by a total of 196 points this season (14 points per game on average), and the Nittany Lions have put up just seven more points than their opponents on the year (0.8 per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- Against the spread, Illinois has been strong this season, posting a 7-6-1 record.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Fighting Illini have fared well against the spread, compiling a 3-2 record.
- Illinois has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 9 of 14 games for a 64.3% rate.
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions have an even record against the spread, going 4-4 ATS.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Nittany Lions have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this season — 4 of 8.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/23/2020||Illinois||-3.5||149.5||-181||+146||Regular Season||98-81 ILL|
|2/18/2020||Penn State||-5.5||142.5||-244||+191||Regular Season||62-56 ILL|
|3/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-56 PSU|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-76 PSU|
- The Fighting Illini leader in points and assists is Ayo Dosunmu, who scores 22.4 points per game along with 4.9 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn is Illinois’ best rebounder, grabbing an average of 10.1 boards in each contest while scoring 17.1 points per game.
- Adam Miller makes more threes per game than any other member of the Fighting Illini, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.0 per contest.
- Trent Frazier and Cockburn lead the Fighting Illini on the defensive end, with Frazier leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Cockburn in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones is the top scorer for the Nittany Lions with 15.4 points per game. He also adds 2.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his scoring output.
- John Harrar has a stat line of 7.5 rebounds, 7.9 points and 0.9 assists per game for Penn State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jamari Wheeler holds the top spot for assists with 3.8 per game, adding 5.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per matchup.
- Jones is the top shooter from deep for the Nittany Lions, hitting 2.5 threes per game.
- Penn State’s leader in steals is Wheeler (1.9 per game), and its leader in blocks is Seth Lundy (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED