The Valparaiso Crusaders (3-9) are expected to extend a five-game losing streak when they visit the Illinois State Redbirds (5-6) as 1.5-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Redbird Arena. The matchup airs on ESP3. The over/under is 138 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Illinois State (-1.5)||Over (138)||Illinois State 71 Valparaiso 68|
- In nine of 11 games (81.8%) this season, the Redbirds and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 138 points.
- Valparaiso has played in six games this year (out of 12 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 138 points.
- The Redbirds and the Crusaders combine to average 8.5 more points per game than the over/under of 138 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.6 more points per game (145.6) than this game’s total of 138 points.
- The average total the Redbirds have had set in matchups this season is 16.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Crusaders this year is the same as this game’s over/under.
Illinois State Betting Information
- The Redbirds have been an even bet against the spread this season at 5-5.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Redbirds have fared well against the spread, putting together a 2-0 record.
- In 6 of 10 (60%) contests this season, Illinois State and its opponents have hit the over.
Valparaiso Betting Information
- The Crusaders have a 1-7-1 record against the spread, covering in only 11.1% of their matchups.
- The Crusaders have not fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Valparaiso and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 4 of 9 (44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Valparaiso||-1||139.5||-115||-108||Regular Season||65-62 VALP|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-70 VALP|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-53 VALP|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||58-56 VALP|
Illinois State Leaders
- DJ Horne leads the Redbirds in scoring, tallying 13.8 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
- Dusan Mahorcic is the Redbirds leading rebounder, grabbing 8.0 per game, while Josiah Strong is their best passer, averaging 3.5 assists in each contest.
- Horne makes more threes per game than any other member of the Redbirds, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.5 per outing.
- Horne and Abdou Ndiaye lead the Redbirds on the defensive end, with Horne leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Ndiaye in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- Ben Krikke puts up 11.7 points per game and is the top scorer for the Crusaders.
- Donovan Clay puts up a stat line of 4.6 rebounds, 10.8 points and 2.4 assists per game for Valparaiso to take the top rebound spot on the team. Daniel Sackey has the top spot for assists with 3.9 per game, adding 5.3 points and 2.5 rebounds per matchup.
- Connor Barrett is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Crusaders, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- Nick Robinson (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Valparaiso while Clay (1.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED