The Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-8) visit the Indiana Hoosiers (11-9) after losing seven straight road games. The Hoosiers are favored by 4.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The point total is 137 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+4.5)||Over (137)||Indiana 73 Minnesota 71|
- The Hoosiers and their opponents have scored no less than 137 points — this matchup’s point total — in 14 of 20 games (70%) this year.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 137 points in 16 of 21 games (76.2%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 147.2 points per game, 10.2 more points than the over/under of 137 set for this game.
- The Hoosiers and the Golden Gophers have seen their opponents average a combined 4.4 more points per game than the over/under of 137 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Hoosiers have had set in matchups this year is 4.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Golden Gophers this year is 10.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hoosiers average the same number of points per game (72.2) as the Golden Gophers allow (72.2).
- Indiana has an 8-1 record overall and a 7-0-1 record against the spread when putting up more than 72.2 points.
- When Minnesota allows more than 72.2 points, it is 3-5-1 against the spread and 4-5 overall.
- The Golden Gophers put up an average of 75 points per game, 5.8 more points than the 69.2 the Hoosiers give up.
- Minnesota has gone 12-2 overall and 9-0-2 against the spread in games it scores more than 69.2 points.
- Indiana has a 3-4 record overall and an ATS record of 2-4-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 75 points.
- The Hoosiers have totaled 59 more points than their opponents this season (three per game on average), and the Golden Gophers have scored 58 more points than their opponents (2.8 per game).
Indiana Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Hoosiers have covered 10 times in 20 contests.
- The Hoosiers fare well when favored by at least 4.5 points, posting a 4-3-1 record against the spread.
- The Hoosiers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 9 times in 20 games this season.
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has covered the spread in half of its contests, going 9-9-2 ATS.
- The Golden Gophers have gone 3-3-1 against the spread when they are at least a 4.5-point underdog.
- The Golden Gophers and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 9 of 20 (45%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Indiana||-4.5||136||-200||+163||Regular Season||72-67 IU|
|2/19/2020||Minnesota||-5.5||135||-245||+196||Regular Season||68-56 IU|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-63 MINN|
- Trayce Jackson-Davis leads the Hoosiers in scoring and rebounding, putting up 19.6 points and 9.4 boards per game.
- Indiana’s best passer is Al Durham, who averages 2.8 assists per game to go with his 11.2 PPG scoring average.
- Armaan Franklin’s 1.7 threes per game leads the Hoosiers.
- Franklin is the Hoosiers leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Jackson-Davis leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- The Golden Gophers’ Marcus Carr puts up enough points (19.4 per game) and assists (5.2 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- The Golden Gophers’ top rebounder is Liam Robbins — he grabs 7.1 per game while scoring 12.6 points per game.
- Franklin leads his teammates on the Golden Gophers with 2.0 made threes per outing.
- Minnesota’s leader in steals is Carr (1.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Robbins (2.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED