The Indiana Hoosiers (8-5) host the Purdue Boilermakers (8-5) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Assembly Hall (Indiana), beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 14, 2021. The Hoosiers are 3-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total for the matchup is 130.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Indiana (-3)||Over (130.5)||Indiana 71 Purdue 67|
- In nine of 13 games (69.2%) this season, the Hoosiers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 130.5 points.
- Purdue has played in seven games this season (out of 13 total matchups — 53.8% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 130.5 points.
- The Hoosiers and the Boilermakers combine to average 12.6 more points per game than the over/under of 130.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.3 more points per game (132.8) than this game’s total of 130.5 points.
- The average total the Hoosiers have had set in games this season is 9.0 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Boilermakers this year is 6.0 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hoosiers score 72.8 points per game, 6.6 more points than the 66.2 the Boilermakers allow.
- Indiana has a 7-0-1 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall when putting up more than 66.2 points.
- In games when Purdue allows more than 72.8 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Boilermakers’ 70.3 points per game are just 3.7 more points than the 66.6 the Hoosiers allow.
- In games it puts up more than 66.6 points, Purdue is 4-0 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- Indiana’s record is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it allows more than 70.3 points.
- The Hoosiers have totaled 81 more points than their opponents this season (6.2 per game on average), and the Boilermakers have scored 53 more points than their opponents (4.1 per game).
Indiana Betting Information
- Against the spread, Indiana has been strong this season, posting an 8-4-1 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Hoosiers have fared well against the spread, putting up a 4-2-1 record.
- Indiana and its opponents have combined to cover the total in 6 of 13 games this season (46.2%).
Purdue Betting Information
- The Boilermakers have a 5-6-1 record against the spread, covering in just 41.7% of their contests.
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Boilermakers have fared well, going 4-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Boilermakers games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 12 games, 58.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||Purdue||-6.5||130||-282||+223||Regular Season||57-49 PUR|
|2/8/2020||Indiana||-1.5||130||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-62 PUR|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||48-46 PUR|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-55 PUR|
- The Hoosiers leader in points and rebounds is Trayce Jackson-Davis, who scores 20.1 points and pulls down 9.3 boards per game.
- Indiana’s best passer is Al Durham, who averages 3.3 assists per game to go with his 11.1 PPG scoring average.
- Armaan Franklin’s 1.8 made threes per game lead the Hoosiers.
- Franklin and Jackson-Davis lead Indiana on the defensive end, with Franklin leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Jackson-Davis in blocks averaging 1.9 per contest.
- Trevion Williams holds the top spot on the Boilermakers leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 15.0 points and 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Eric Hunter Jr.’s assist statline paces Purdue; he dishes out 3.4 assists per game.
- Sasha Stefanovic provides the most three-point shooting production for the Boilermakers. He makes 2.7 threes per game.
- The Boilermakers’ leader in steals is Hunter with 1.2 per game, and Zach Edey is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found