The Iona Gaels (4-5) host the Monmouth Hawks (8-3) in a matchup of MAAC teams at Hynes Athletics Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 19, 2021. The Gaels are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total is set at 150 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Monmouth (+1.5)||Under (150)||Monmouth 73 Iona 72|
- In four of nine outings (44.4%) this season, the Gaels and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 150 points.
- Monmouth has combined with its opponents to score at least 150 points in five of 11 games (45.5%) this year.
- The Gaels and the Hawks combine to average 2.1 less points per game than the total of 150 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined five less points per game (145) than this matchup’s over/under of 150 points.
- The average over/under the Gaels have had set in games this year is 7.2 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Hawks games this year have averaged a total of 150.1 points, 0.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Iona Betting Information
- The Gaels have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 4-5 record.
- The Gaels have posted a losing record of 2-4 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Iona and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 6 of 9 chances this season.
Monmouth Betting Information
- The Hawks have a 6-4-1 record against the spread, covering in 54.5% of their matchups.
- The Hawks have fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 5-3 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Monmouth’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 11 games, 63.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2020||Iona||-2||146||-134||+112||Regular Season||94-88 MONM|
|1/5/2020||Iona||-0.5||147||-110||-110||Regular Season||73-61 MONM|
|1/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-81 MONM|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||103-84 IONA|
- The Gaels scoring leader is Isaiah Ross, who averages 20.5 per contest to go with 3.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Nelly Junior Joseph leads the Gaels in rebounding, averaging 6.9 per game, while Asante Gist leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- Ross makes more threes per game than any other member of the Gaels, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.0 per contest.
- Berrick JeanLouis and Joseph lead Iona on the defensive end, with JeanLouis leading the team in steals averaging 2.5 per game and Joseph in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
- Deion Hammond is at the top of the Hawks scoring leaderboard with 17.3 points per game. He also grabs 3.6 rebounds and racks up 2.0 assists per game.
- Marcus McClary puts up a stat line of 5.5 rebounds, 6.3 points and 1.3 assists per game for Monmouth to take the top rebound spot on the team. Samuel Chaput holds the top spot for assists with 3.3 per game, adding 3.5 points and 1.7 rebounds per matchup.
- George Papas’ 2.6 made threes per game lead the Hawks.
- Myles Ruth (1.7 steals per game) and Nikkei Rutty (0.9 blocks per game) lead the Hawks in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED