A game after he scored 25 points in a 77-75 win over Rutgers, Luka Garza leads the No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes (9-2) on the road against the Maryland Terrapins (6-5) as 6-point favorites. The matchup, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 7, 2021, airs on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under set at 154.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (+6)||Under (154.5)||Iowa 77 Maryland 76|
- The Hawkeyes and their opponents have scored no less than 154.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in nine of 11 games (81.8%) this year.
- Maryland has played in two games this year (out of 11 total matchups — 18.2% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 154.5 points.
- The Hawkeyes and the Terrapins combine to average 10.8 more points per game than the over/under of 154.5 set for this matchup.
- The Hawkeyes and the Terrapins have seen their opponents average a combined 13.9 fewer points per game than the over/under of 154.5 set in this game.
- The Hawkeyes average point total in outings this year is 166.7, 12.2 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Terrapins games this season is 15.2 fewer points than the point total of 154.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawkeyes score 26.1 more points per game (92.7) than the Terrapins give up (66.6).
- Iowa has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when scoring more than 66.6 points.
- Maryland is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when giving up more than 92.7 points.
- The Terrapins average only 1.4 fewer points than the Hawkeyes allow their opponents to score (74).
- In games it scores more than 74 points, Maryland is 2-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Iowa has an ATS record of 2-4 and a 4-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 72.6 points.
- The Hawkeyes have totaled 206 more points than their opponents this season (18.7 per game on average), and the Terrapins have scored 66 more points than their opponents (six per game).
Iowa Betting Information
- Iowa has been strong against the spread, going 6-4 this season.
- The Hawkeyes fare well when favored by at least 6 points, posting a 5-2 record against the spread.
- More often than not, Iowa and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 7 of 10 chances this season.
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have a losing record against the spread, going 4-6 ATS (covering just 40% of the time).
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the Terrapins have a record ATS of 2-2.
- In the majority of Terrapins games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (6 out of 10 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2020||Maryland||-5.5||144.5||-254||+200||Regular Season||82-72 MARY|
|1/10/2020||Maryland||-2||146.5||-132||+110||Regular Season||67-49 IOWA|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-65 MARY|
- The Hawkeyes leader in points and rebounds is Garza, who scores 27.5 points and grabs 9.1 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Bohannon leads Iowa in assists, averaging 4.4 per game while also scoring 9.0 points per contest.
- Bohannon leads the Hawkeyes in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Joe Wieskamp is the Hawkeyes leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Garza leads them in blocks with 2.0 per contest.
- Eric Ayala scores 14.3 points per game to be the top scorer for the Terrapins.
- Donta Scott is at the top of the Terrapins rebounding leaderboard with 7.3 rebounds per game, and Aaron Wiggins leads the squad in assists with 3.1 per contest.
- Scott is dependable from three-point range and leads the Terrapins with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Maryland’s leader in steals is Hakim Hart with 1.1 per game, and its leader in blocks is Chol Marial with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found