The Michigan State Spartans (8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the No. 8 Iowa Hawkeyes (12-4) on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena as big, 10.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS1. The point total for the matchup is set at 156.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa (-10.5)||Under (156.5)||Iowa 85 Michigan State 69|
- The Hawkeyes and their opponents have totaled at least 156.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 11 of 16 games (68.8%) this year.
- In four of 14 outings (28.6%) this year, Michigan State has combined with its opponents to score more than 156.5 points.
- The Hawkeyes and the Spartans combine to average 5.4 more points per game than the over/under of 156.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 145.7 points per game, 10.8 less than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Hawkeyes games this season is 7.3 more points than the total of 156.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Spartans this year is 12.7 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 89.7 points per game the Hawkeyes average are 18.1 more points than the Spartans allow (71.6).
- Iowa has an 11-3 record overall and an 8-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 71.6 points.
- Michigan State has a 0-1 record against the spread and a 1-0 record overall when giving up more than 89.7 points.
- The Spartans put up an average of 72.2 points per game, just 1.9 fewer points than the 74.1 the Hawkeyes give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 74.1 points, Michigan State is 2-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Iowa has an ATS record of 3-6 and a 5-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 72.2 points.
- The Hawkeyes have out-scored their opponents by a total of 249 points this season (15.6 points per game on average), and the Spartans have put up only nine more points than their opponents on the year (0.6 per game).
Iowa Betting Information
- The Hawkeyes have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 9-6 record.
- The Hawkeyes have posted a winning record of 5-2 against the spread when the spread is -10.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Iowa and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 9 of 15 chances this season.
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans have a losing record against the spread, going 3-11 ATS (covering only 21.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 10.5-point underdogs, the Spartans have a record ATS of 0-4.
- Michigan State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 14 (42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2020||Michigan State||-9||151.5||-461||+344||Regular Season||78-70 MSU|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-67 MSU|
|12/3/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-68 MSU|
- The Hawkeyes leader in points and rebounds is Luka Garza, who scores 26.4 points and grabs 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Bohannon leads the Hawkeyes in assists, averaging 4.7 per game while also scoring 9.6 points per contest.
- Bohannon leads the Hawkeyes in three-point shooting with an average of 2.6 made threes per game.
- The Iowa steals leader is Joe Toussaint, who averages 1.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Garza, who compiles 1.7 rejections per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry collects 13.1 points and tacks on 3.4 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Spartans’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Joey Hauser grabs 7.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 11.3 points per game and adds 1.7 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Michigan State rebounding leaderboard.
- Gabe Brown is consistent from three-point range and leads the Spartans with 1.5 made threes per game.
- Henry (1.5 steals per game) and Marcus Bingham Jr. (1.4 blocks per game) lead the Spartans in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends