The No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes (10-2) are 9-point favorites as they try to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the No. 16 Minnesota Golden Gophers (10-3) on Sunday, January 10, 2021 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The game airs at 2:30 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under set at 163 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Hawkeyes and their opponents have combined to record more than 163 points in 50% of their outings this season (six of 12 opportunities).
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 163 points in four of 13 outings (30.8%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 9.1 more points per game (172.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 163 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 146.6 points per game, 16.4 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The average total the Hawkeyes have had set in games this year is 2.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Golden Gophers games this season have averaged a total of 152.9 points, 10.1 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawkeyes average 19.2 more points per game (92.4) than the Golden Gophers allow (73.2).
- Iowa has a 9-2 record overall and a 6-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 73.2 points.
- Minnesota has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 record overall in games when it allows more than 92.4 points.
- The Golden Gophers put up an average of 79.7 points per game, 6.3 more points than the 73.4 the Hawkeyes give up.
- Minnesota has put together a 9-0 overall record and a 6-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 73.4 points.
- Iowa’s record is 1-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread when it gives up more than 79.7 points to its opponents.
- The Hawkeyes have scored a total of 228 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 19 per game), and the Golden Gophers have out-scored opponents by 84 points on the season (6.5 more per game).
Iowa Betting Information
- Against the spread, Iowa has been strong this season, posting a 7-4 record.
- When favored by at least 9 points, the Hawkeyes have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-1 record.
- Iowa has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 8 of 11 games for a 72.7% rate.
Minnesota Betting Information
- The Golden Gophers have a winning record against the spread, going 6-5-1 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- The Golden Gophers have fared well as a 9-point underdog, going 2-1-1 against the spread when they are at least 9-point underdogs.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 7 of 12 (58.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/25/2020||Iowa||-6.5||166||-286||+228||Regular Season||102-95 MINN|
|2/16/2020||Minnesota||-5||149||-208||+168||Regular Season||58-55 IOWA|
|12/9/2019||Iowa||-5.5||147.5||-261||+201||Regular Season||72-52 IOWA|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-87 MINN|
- Luka Garza leads the Hawkeyes in scoring and rebounding, tallying 27.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game.
- Connor McCaffery leads the Hawkeyes in assists, averaging 4.6 per game while also scoring 3.3 points per contest.
- Jordan Bohannon contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Hawkeyes. He knocks down 2.7 threes per game.
- Joe Toussaint is the Hawkeyes leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Garza leads them in blocks with 1.8 per contest.
- Marcus Carr racks up 21.5 points and adds 5.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Golden Gophers’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Liam Robbins is at the top of the Minnesota rebounding leaderboard with 7.3 rebounds per game. He also racks up 13.5 points and tacks on 0.9 assists per game.
- Carr hits 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Golden Gophers.
- Minnesota’s leader in steals is Jarvis Omersa with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Robbins with 2.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found