A game after he scored 25 points in a 72-51 win over Rutgers, Lat Mayen leads the Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-18) on the road against the No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes (18-7) as 16.5-point underdogs. The matchup, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021, airs on BTN. The matchup has a point total of 151.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nebraska (+16.5)||Under (151.5)||Iowa 82 Nebraska 67|
- The Hawkeyes and their opponents have combined for 151.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 16 of 25 outings (64%) this year.
- In eight of 24 opportunities (33.3%) this year, Nebraska has combined with its opponents to score more than 151.5 points.
- The Hawkeyes and the Cornhuskers combine to average 3.2 more points per game than the over/under of 151.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 145.4 points per game, 6.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Hawkeyes games this season is 5.6 more points than the over/under of 151.5 in this matchup.
- Cornhuskers games this season have averaged a total of 142.9 points, 8.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawkeyes average 11.7 more points per game (84.7) than the Cornhuskers give up (73).
- Iowa is 17-4 overall and 12-0 against the spread when scoring more than 73 points.
- When Nebraska gives up more than 84.7 points, it is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall.
- The Cornhuskers put up an average of 70 points per game, only 2.4 fewer points than the 72.4 the Hawkeyes allow.
- Nebraska is 5-0 against the spread and 5-4 overall when it scores more than 72.4 points.
- Iowa is 5-9 against the spread and 8-6 overall when it gives up more than 70 points.
- The Hawkeyes have totaled 307 more points than their opponents this season (12.3 per game on average), while the Cornhuskers have been out-scored by 72 total points (three per game average differential).
Iowa Betting Information
- The Hawkeyes have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 13-11 record.
- The Hawkeyes have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -16.5 or bigger.
- Iowa has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 11 times in 24 contests (45.8%).
Nebraska Betting Information
- The Cornhuskers have a losing record against the spread, going 11-12 ATS (covering just 47.8% of the time).
- In most of Nebraska’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 23 games, 39.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||96-72 IOWA|
|1/7/2020||Iowa||-8.5||156.5||-422||+316||Regular Season||76-70 NEB|
|3/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-91 NEB|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-84 IOWA|
- Luka Garza leads the Hawkeyes in scoring and rebounding, tallying 24.3 points and 8.4 boards per game.
- Jordan Bohannon leads Iowa in assists, averaging 4.5 per game while also scoring 9.7 points per contest.
- Joe Wieskamp connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Hawkeyes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.5 per outing.
- Wieskamp is the Hawkeyes leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Garza leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
- Dalano Banton paces the Cornhuskers in rebounds and assists with 6.1 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game.
- Teddy Allen scores 16.4 points per game, putting him at the top of the Nebraska scoring leaderboard. He also grabs 4.7 rebounds and averages 1.7 assists per game.
- Allen hits more threes per game than any other member of the Cornhuskers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.0 per game.
- The Cornhuskers’ leader in steals is Trey McGowens with 1.4 per game, and Banton is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED