The No. 7 Ohio State Buckeyes (14-4) are 5-point underdogs as they attempt to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the No. 8 Iowa Hawkeyes (13-4) on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 156.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa (-5)||Under (156.5)||Iowa 80 Ohio State 74|
- In 70.6% of their opportunities this year (12 of 17 chances), the Hawkeyes and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s point total of 156.5 points.
- In four of 18 outings (22.2%) this season, Ohio State and its opponents have combined to score more than 156.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 166.5 points per game, 10.0 more points than the total of 156.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 142.1 points per game, 14.4 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Hawkeyes have had set in games this season is 7.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Buckeyes games this year have averaged a total of 144.7 points, 11.8 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawkeyes record 21.7 more points per game (89.4) than the Buckeyes allow (67.7).
- Iowa is 13-4 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 67.7 points.
- Ohio State has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when allowing more than 89.4 points.
- The Buckeyes put up an average of 77.1 points per game, only 2.7 more points than the 74.4 the Hawkeyes give up.
- Ohio State has put together a 9-0 ATS record and an 11-0 overall record in games it scores more than 74.4 points.
- Iowa’s record is 2-4 overall and 1-5 against the spread when it gives up more than 77.1 points to its opponents.
- The Hawkeyes have totaled 255 more points than their opponents this season (15 per game on average), and the Buckeyes have scored 169 more points than their opponents (9.4 per game).
Iowa Betting Information
- The Hawkeyes have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 9-7 record.
- The Hawkeyes have posted a winning record of 8-4 against the spread when the spread is -5 or higher.
- Iowa has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 10 of 16 games for a 62.5% rate.
Ohio State Betting Information
- The Buckeyes have a 10-8 record against the spread, covering in 55.6% of their outings.
- When they play as at least 5-point underdogs, the Buckeyes have a record ATS of 5-5.
- In 9 out Ohio State’s 18 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2020||Iowa||-2||144.5||-138||+113||Regular Season||85-76 IOWA|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-70 OSU|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-62 IOWA|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Hawkeyes is Luka Garza, who averages 26.5 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
- Iowa’s best passer is Jordan Bohannon, who averages 4.5 assists per game to go with his 9.5 PPG scoring average.
- Bohannon contributes the bulk of the Hawkeyes’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- The Iowa steals leader is Joe Toussaint, who averages 1.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Garza, who compiles 1.7 rejections per contest.
Ohio State Leaders
- E.J. Liddell averages 15.3 points and 6.9 rebounds per game for the Buckeyes, enough to make him the top scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Ohio State’s assist leader is CJ Walker with 3.9 per game. He also scores 8.6 points per game and tacks on 2.7 rebounds per game.
- Duane Washington Jr. leads the Buckeyes in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- The Buckeyes’ leader in steals is Justice Sueing with 1.1 per game, and Liddell is their leader in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED