Tristan Jarrett leads the Jackson State Tigers (4-5) into a matchup with the Alcorn State Braves (1-5) after scoring 31 points in a 63-55 win over UAPB. The Tigers are 3.5-point favorites in the game on Saturday, February 6, 2021, which tips at 4:30 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 134.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alcorn State (+3.5)||Over (134.5)||Jackson State 70 Alcorn State 68|
- In 55.6% of their opportunities this season (five of nine chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 134.5 points.
- Alcorn State and its opponents have added up to score at least 134.5 points in 83.3% of their matchups this year (five of six opportunities).
- The Tigers and the Braves combine to average 9.3 less points per game than the total of 134.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 152.3 points per game, 17.8 more than the over/under for this game.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this season is 130.8, 3.7 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Braves this season is 12.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Jackson State Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled a bit against the spread this year, posting a 4-5 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Tigers have fared well against the spread, putting together a 2-1 record.
- Jackson State has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 5 of 9 games for a 55.6% rate.
Alcorn State Betting Information
- Alcorn State has covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 4-2 ATS.
- The Braves have fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Braves games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (4 out of 6 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Jackson State||-6.5||139||-288||+228||Conference Tournament||69-52 JXST|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-57 JXST|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-65 JXST|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-52 ALCST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-52 JXST|
Jackson State Leaders
- Jarrett leads the Tigers in scoring, tallying 20.3 points per game to go with 6.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Jayveous McKinnis is the Tigers leading rebounder, grabbing 12.6 per game, while Jonas James is their best passer, averaging 2.7 assists in each contest.
- Jarrett provides the bulk of the Tigers’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.3 threes per game to lead the team.
- Jarrett and McKinnis lead the Tigers on the defensive end, with Jarrett leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and McKinnis in blocks averaging 1.9 per contest.
Alcorn State Leaders
- Troymain Crosby is at the top of the Braves scoring leaderboard with 19.4 points per game. He also pulls down 4.3 rebounds and averages 0.4 assists per game.
- Tyree Corbett is at the top of the Braves rebounding leaderboard with 5.9 rebounds per game, and Kurk Lee leads the team in assists with 3.8 per outing.
- David Pierce III is consistent from three-point range and leads the Braves with 1.7 made threes per game.
- The Braves’ leader in steals is Oddyst Walker with 1.6 per game, and Anthony Fairley is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview