A game after he put up 25 points in a 60-44 win over Alabama State, Tristan Jarrett leads the Jackson State Tigers (1-5) at home against the Alcorn State Braves (0-4) as 8-point favorites. The matchup starts at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The point total is 138.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alcorn State (+8)||Over (138.5)||Jackson State 73 Alcorn State 69|
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to put up more than 138.5 points in 50% of their outings this season (three of six opportunities).
- In four of four outings (100%) this year, Alcorn State and its opponents have combined to score more than 138.5 points.
- The Tigers and the Braves combine to average 24.0 less points per game than the over/under of 138.5 set for this matchup.
- The Tigers and the Braves have seen their opponents average a combined 28.6 more points per game than the over/under of 138.5 set in this matchup.
- The average total the Tigers have had set in matchups this season is 11.7 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Braves games this season is 16.3 more points than the point total of 138.5 for this outing.
Jackson State Betting Information
- Jackson State has struggled against the spread, going 2-4 on the year.
- Jackson State and its opponents have reached the over 3 times in 6 contests this season.
Alcorn State Betting Information
- The Braves record against the spread is 2-2.
- In most of Alcorn State’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (3 out of 4 games, 75%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Jackson State||-6.5||139||-288||+228||Conference Tournament||69-52 JXST|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-57 JXST|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-65 JXST|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-52 ALCST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-52 JXST|
Jackson State Leaders
- Jarrett leads the Tigers in scoring, tallying 17.8 points per game to go with 4.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Jackson State’s leading rebounder is Jayveous McKinnis averaging 10.6 boards per game and its best passer is Jonas James and his 1.8 assists per game.
- Jarrett provides the bulk of the Tigers’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.0 threes per game to pace the squad.
- The Jackson State steals leader is Jarrett, who averages 2.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is McKinnis, who compiles 2.2 rejections per contest.
Alcorn State Leaders
- Troymain Crosby is at the top of the Braves scoring leaderboard with 18.7 points per game. He also grabs 2.7 rebounds and dishes out 0.3 assists per game.
- Tyree Corbett is atop the Braves rebounding leaderboard with 6.8 rebounds per game, and Byron Joshua leads the squad in assists with 3.4 per contest.
- David Pierce III leads the Braves in three-point shooting with an average of 1.4 made threes per game.
- Alcorn State’s leader in steals is Corbett (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Anthony Fairley (0.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found