The No. 2 seed Jackson State Tigers (11-5) play the No. 7 seed Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (4-20) as 8-point favorites in the SWAC Tournament quarterfinals Wednesday at Bartow Arena, beginning at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN3. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Jackson State (-8)||Over (126.5)||Jackson State 71 UAPB 62|
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to record more than 126.5 points in 43.8% of their games this year (seven of 16 opportunities).
- In 19 of 24 outings (79.2%) this year, UAPB has combined with its opponents to score more than 126.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 126.1 points per game, 0.4 fewer points than the over/under of 126.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 12.1 more points per game (138.6) than this game’s over/under of 126.5 points.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this season is 125.7, 0.8 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Golden Lions games this season is 12.4 more points than the point total of 126.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers average 12.9 fewer points per game (64.1) than the Golden Lions allow (77).
- Jackson State has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when putting up more than 77 points.
- When UAPB allows more than 64.1 points, it is 8-8-2 against the spread and 2-17 overall.
- The Golden Lions score an average of 62 points per game, just 0.4 more points than the 61.6 the Tigers give up.
- UAPB is 4-5 overall and 7-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 61.6 points.
- Jackson State is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 62 points.
- The Tigers have put up a total of 41 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 2.5 per game), while the Golden Lions have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 360 total points, -15 per game).
Jackson State Betting Information
- Jackson State been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, compiling an 8-8 record.
- The Tigers have posted an even record of 3-3 against the spread when the spread is -8 or higher.
- The Tigers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 7 of 16 contests this season, a rate of 43.8%
UAPB Betting Information
- UAPB has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 13-8-2 ATS.
- The Golden Lions have fared well as an 8-point underdog, going 2-0 against the spread when they are at least 8-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Golden Lions games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (12 out of 23 games, 52.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2021||Jackson State||-10.5||122||-840||+530||Regular Season||64-58 JXST|
|2/1/2021||Jackson State||-11.5||136||-834||+550||Regular Season||63-55 JXST|
|3/2/2020||Jackson State||-11.5||118||-830||+548||Regular Season||76-56 JXST|
|2/3/2020||Jackson State||-6.5||124.5||-307||+237||Regular Season||49-45 JXST|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-56 JXST|
|2/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-52 JXST|
Jackson State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Tristan Jarrett, who averages 20.1 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Jayveous McKinnis is Jackson State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 12.6 per game, while Jonas James is its best passer, distributing 3.3 assists in each contest.
- Jarrett contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Tigers. He knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- Jarrett and McKinnis lead the Tigers on the defensive end, with Jarrett leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and McKinnis in blocks averaging 2.0 per contest.
- Shaun Doss puts up 16.3 points and 6.5 rebounds per game for the Golden Lions, making him the top scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Joshuwan Johnson dishes out 3.2 assists per game, the most assists on the Golden Lions.
- Jalen Lynn contributes the bulk of the Golden Lions’ three-point shooting production. He makes 1.3 threes per game to pace the team.
- UAPB’s leader in steals is Johnson with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Markedric Bell with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED