The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-9) will look to end a nine-game losing streak when they visit the Jackson State Tigers (2-5) on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at Lee E. Williams Athletic and Assembly Center as big, 25.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 138.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi Valley State (+25.5)||Under (138)||Jackson State 78 Mississippi Valley State 60|
- In three of seven outings (42.9%) this season, the Tigers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 138 points.
- Mississippi Valley State has played in six games this year (out of nine total matchups — 66.7% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 138 points.
- The Tigers and the Delta Devils combine to average 24.9 less points per game than the over/under of 138 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 32.3 more points per game (170.3) than this game’s over/under of 138 points.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this season is 128.1, 9.9 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Delta Devils games this season is 17.2 more points than the point total of 138 for this outing.
Jackson State Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 3-4 record.
- More often than not, Jackson State and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 4 of 7 chances this season.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- Mississippi Valley State has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 2-7 ATS.
- Mississippi Valley State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 33.3% of matchups this season (3 out of 9 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-70 JXST|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-65 JXST|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-57 MSVSU|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-57 JXST|
Jackson State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Tristan Jarrett, who averages 18.7 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- Jayveous McKinnis is Jackson State’s leading rebounder, pulling down 11.5 per game, while Jonas James is its best passer, distributing 2.1 assists in each contest.
- Jarrett makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- Jarrett and McKinnis lead the Tigers on the defensive end, with Jarrett leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and McKinnis in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham scores 12.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Delta Devils.
- Alexander Perry is at the top of the Delta Devils rebounding leaderboard with 4.0 rebounds per game, and Caleb Hunter paces the team in assists with 2.5 per outing.
- Devin Gordon is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Delta Devils, hitting 2.6 threes per game.
- Terry Collins (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Mississippi Valley State while Cunningham (0.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED