The Jackson State Tigers (7-5) visit the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-19) as double-digit, 21.5-point favorites after Tristan Jarrett racked up 26 points in the Tigers 63-59 victory over Grambling. The matchup is at 8:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is set at 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi Valley State (+21.5)||Over (136.5)||Jackson State 76 Mississippi Valley State 61|
- In 41.7% of their opportunities this season (five of 12 chances), the Tigers and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 136.5 points.
- Mississippi Valley State and its opponents have added up to score at least 136.5 points in 60% of their matchups this season (12 of 20 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 17.1 fewer points per game (119.4) than this game’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 18.1 more points per game (154.6) than this matchup’s total of 136.5 points.
- The average over/under the Tigers have had set in matchups this year is 7.4 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Delta Devils games this year have averaged a total of 144.9 points, 8.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Jackson State Betting Information
- The Tigers have been an even bet against the spread this season at 6-6.
- The Tigers fare well when favored by at least 21.5 points, posting a 1-0 record against the spread.
- Jackson State and its opponents have combined to cover the point total in 6 of 12 games this year (50%).
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- Mississippi Valley State has a losing record against the spread, going 6-14 ATS (covering only 30.0% of the time).
- In the majority of Delta Devils games this season, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 20 games, 40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Jackson State||-26.5||136||-30000||+3000||Regular Season||106-56 JXST|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-70 JXST|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-65 JXST|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-57 MSVSU|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-57 JXST|
Jackson State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Jarrett, who averages 20.1 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game.
- Jackson State’s leading rebounder is Jayveous McKinnis averaging 13.0 boards per game and its best passer is Jonas James and his 2.9 assists per game.
- Jarrett leads the Tigers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.4 threes per game.
- Jarrett and McKinnis lead the Tigers on the defensive end, with Jarrett leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and McKinnis in blocks averaging 2.2 per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham sits at the top of the Delta Devils scoring leaderboard with 12.3 points per game. He also grabs 3.4 rebounds and racks up 1.1 assists per game.
- Terry Collins puts up a stat line of 4.6 rebounds, 12.1 points and 2.4 assists per game for Mississippi Valley State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Caleb Hunter has the top spot for assists with 3.1 per game, adding 11.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per contest.
- Cunningham leads the Delta Devils in three-point shooting with an average of 2.4 made threes per game.
- Mississippi Valley State’s leader in steals is Collins (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Leandre Howard (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED