The Jackson State Tigers (6-5) take a six-game winning streak into a home matchup with the Texas Southern Tigers (6-6), winners of four straight. The Texas Southern Tigers are underdogs by just 1 point in the contest, which starts at 9:00 PM ET (on ESPNU) on Monday, February 15, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 135.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas Southern (+1)||Over (135)||Texas Southern 68 Jackson State 67|
- In 54.5% of their opportunities this year (six of 11 chances), the Jackson State Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 135 points.
- In 10 of 12 games (83.3%) this year, Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to score more than 135 points.
- The two teams average a combined one more point per game (136) than this game’s over/under of 135 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 more points per game (138.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 135 points.
- The average total the Jackson State Tigers have had set in games this season is 5.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Texas Southern Tigers games this season is 9.3 more points than the point total of 135 for this outing.
Jackson State Betting Information
- Jackson State is solid against the spread, going 6-5 on the season.
- The Jackson State Tigers have posted a winning record of 3-1 against the spread when the spread is -1 or higher.
- The Jackson State Tigers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 11 games this season.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has a losing record against the spread, going 2-7-1 ATS (covering only 20% of the time).
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Texas Southern Tigers have a record ATS of 0-4-1.
- In the majority of Texas Southern Tigers games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 10 games, 50%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-74 TXS|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-66 TXS|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-65 TXS|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-65 TXS|
Jackson State Leaders
- Tristan Jarrett leads the Jackson State Tigers in scoring, tallying 19.5 points per game to go with 6.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Jayveous McKinnis is Jackson State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 13.1 per game, while Jonas James is its best passer, averaging 2.7 assists in each contest.
- Jarrett hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Jackson State Tigers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.1 per outing.
- Jarrett and McKinnis lead the Jackson State Tigers on the defensive end, with Jarrett leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and McKinnis in blocks averaging 2.1 per contest.
Texas Southern Leaders
- Michael Weathers collects 14.0 points and adds 3.4 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Texas Southern Tigers’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas’ stat line of 5.8 rebounds, 8.5 points and 0.6 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Texas Southern rebounding leaderboard.
- Galen Alexander connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Texas Southern Tigers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 1.3 per game.
- Texas Southern’s leader in steals is Weathers (2.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nicholas (1.1 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED