The Morehead State Eagles (9-6) will look to extend a five-game winning streak when they hit the road to take on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (9-4) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Pete Mathews Coliseum as 4.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 129.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Morehead State (+4.5)||Over (129)||Jacksonville State 68 Morehead State 66|
- In 10 of 13 opportunities (76.9%) this season, the Gamecocks and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 129 points.
- Morehead State and its opponents have combined to score at least 129 points in 60% of their games this season (nine of 15 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 12.3 more points per game (141.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 129 points.
- The Gamecocks and the Eagles have seen their opponents average a combined two more points per game than the over/under of 129 set in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Gamecocks have had set in matchups this season is 13.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Eagles this season is 1.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Jacksonville State Betting Information
- Jacksonville State has been solid against the spread, going 6-4 on the season.
- The Gamecocks have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- Jacksonville State and its opponents have reached the total 5 times in 10 contests this season.
Morehead State Betting Information
- Morehead State has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 10-3 ATS.
- When they play as at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Eagles have a record ATS of 2-1.
- The Eagles and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 3 of 13 (23.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Jacksonville State||-3||128.5||-159||+132||Regular Season||56-55 MHST|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-51 JSU|
|1/2/2020||Morehead State||-3||133.5||-157||+129||Regular Season||76-72 JSU|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-64 JSU|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-71 JSU|
Jacksonville State Leaders
- Darian Adams leads the Gamecocks in scoring, tallying 14.5 points per game to go with 4.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists.
- Brandon Huffman leads the Gamecocks in rebounding, averaging 5.5 per game, while Jalen Finch leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.7 in each contest.
- Adams hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Gamecocks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.3 per outing.
- Finch and Huffman lead Jacksonville State on the defensive end, with Finch leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Huffman in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
Morehead State Leaders
- De’Von Cooper is at the top of the Eagles scoring leaderboard with 11.5 points per game. He also grabs 5.6 rebounds and dishes out 2.0 assists per game.
- Johni Broome puts up a stat line of 7.3 rebounds, 11.3 points and 0.4 assists per game for Morehead State to take the top rebound spot on the team. KJ Hunt Jr. holds the top spot for assists with 3.2 per game, adding 8.0 points and 2.3 rebounds per contest.
- Skyelar Potter contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Eagles. He makes 1.8 threes per game.
- Ta’Lon Cooper (0.8 steals per game) and Broome (1.6 blocks per game) pace the Eagles in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends