The TCU Horned Frogs (9-2) are not favored (+5) to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the No. 6 Kansas Jayhawks (8-2) at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena. The game airs on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|TCU (+5)||Over (138)||Kansas 71 TCU 70|
- In 13 of 10 games (130%) this season, the Jayhawks and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s point total of 138 points.
- In five of 11 games (45.5%) this season, TCU and its opponents have combined to score more than 138 points.
- The Jayhawks and the Horned Frogs combine to average 10.4 more points per game than the over/under of 138 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.2 fewer points per game (133.8) than this game’s total of 138 points.
- The Jayhawks average point total in matchups this season is 144.6, 6.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Horned Frogs games this season is 0.4 less points than the point total of 138 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Jayhawks put up 76.7 points per game, 10.8 more points than the 65.9 the Horned Frogs give up.
- When Kansas puts up more than 65.9 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- TCU has compiled a 1-2 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall in games when it gives up more than 76.7 points.
- The Horned Frogs’ 71.7 points per game are only 3.8 more points than the 67.9 the Jayhawks give up.
- TCU is 4-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it scores more than 67.9 points.
- Kansas’ record is 1-3 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it gives up more than 71.7 points.
- The Jayhawks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 88 points this season (8.8 points per game on average), and the Horned Frogs have put up 64 more points than their opponents on the year (5.8 per game).
Kansas Betting Information
- Kansas has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-5 record.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Jayhawks have fared well against the spread, compiling a 2-1 record.
- Kansas and its opponents have converted the over just 4 times in 9 (44.4%) games this season.
TCU Betting Information
- TCU’s record against the spread is 5-5.
- When they play as at least 5-point underdogs, the Horned Frogs have a record ATS of 0-4.
- TCU has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (5 out of 10 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Kansas||-16.5||130.5||-2664||1073||Regular Season||75-66 KANSAS|
|2/8/2020||Kansas||-9.5||130.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-46 KANSAS|
|2/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-77 KANSAS|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-68 KANSAS|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Jayhawks is Jalen Wilson, who puts up 15.1 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.
- Marcus Garrett leads Kansas in assists, averaging 3.6 per game while also scoring 9.1 points per contest.
- Ochai Agbaji contributes the bulk of the Jayhawks’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- Garrett is the Jayhawks leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Mitch Lightfoot leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- The Horned Frogs’ RJ Nembhard racks up enough points (18.7 per game) and assists (4.4 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- The Horned Frogs’ top rebounder is Kevin Samuel — he pulls down 10.2 per game while averaging 10.2 points per game.
- Agbaji leads his teammates on the Horned Frogs with 1.8 made threes per game.
- Samuel leads the Horned Frogs on defense with 1.5 steals and 2.6 blocks per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found