The UTEP Miners (12-10) are 17-point underdogs as they try to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the No. 13 Kansas Jayhawks (18-8) at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Allen Fieldhouse. The contest airs on ESPN+. The over/under in the matchup is set at 134.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UTEP (+17)||Over (134.5)||Kansas 77 UTEP 61|
- In 61.5% of their opportunities this season (16 of 26 chances), the Jayhawks and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 134.5 points.
- In 14 of 22 games (63.6%) this season, UTEP and its opponents have combined to score at least 134.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 144.7 points per game, 10.2 more points than the over/under of 134.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 134.2 points per game, 0.3 less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total in Jayhawks games this season is 5.0 more points than the total of 134.5 in this matchup.
- Miners games this year have averaged an over/under of 139.4 points, 4.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Jayhawks put up 73.5 points per game, 5.3 more points than the 68.2 the Miners allow.
- Kansas is 10-0 against the spread and 10-5 overall when scoring more than 68.2 points.
- In games when UTEP gives up more than 73.5 points, it is 2-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Miners’ 71.2 points per game are 5.2 more points than the 66 the Jayhawks allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 66 points, UTEP is 9-0 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- Kansas is 3-7 against the spread and 2-8 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 71.2 points.
- The Jayhawks have totaled 194 more points than their opponents this season (7.5 per game on average), and the Miners have scored 65 more points than their opponents (three per game).
Kansas Betting Information
- Kansas has been good against the spread this season, posting a 14-11 record.
- When favored by at least 17 points, the Jayhawks have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-1 record.
- Jayhawks games have played to the total or above 12 times in 25 games this season.
UTEP Betting Information
- The Miners have an 11-8 record against the spread, covering in 57.9% of their matchups.
- In the majority of UTEP’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (10 out of 19 games, 52.6%).
- The scoring leader for the Jayhawks this season is Ochai Agbaji, who averages 13.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Jalen Wilson is Kansas’ leading rebounder, grabbing 8.4 per game, while Marcus Garrett is its best passer, averaging 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Agbaji leads the Jayhawks in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Garrett and David McCormack lead Kansas on the defensive end, with Garrett leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and McCormack in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
- Souley Boum sits at the top of the Miners scoring leaderboard with 18.7 points per game. He also collects 3.5 rebounds and dishes out 2.7 assists per game.
- The Miners’ leader in rebounds is Bryson Williams with 7.1 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Jamal Bieniemy with 4.0 per game.
- Boum is the top shooter from deep for the Miners, hitting 2.6 threes per game.
- The Miners’ leader in steals is Keonte Kennedy with 1.3 per game, and Tydus Verhoeven is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED