There are just 3 weeks left in the college basketball regular season, after which we get the conference tournaments, Selection Sunday, and March Madness. This is the stage of the season when things start to get a little crazy, and also when the great teams really start to put things together. It’s also the time when we sometimes see the pressure start to show some cracks in teams we previously thought to be among the best.
The Kentucky Wildcats are one of the most iconic teams in the sport, and they always seem to be hanging around near the top of the national rankings at this stage of the year. They are coming off a massive win over the weekend, which we will talk about in a moment, and are now very much on the radar of bettors looking to find a sweet little dark horse that might make them some money in the tournament. Kentucky will get this week rolling with a road trip to Missouri, where they will start as 12 points favorite against the Tigers. The point total for this one has been set at 135.
Kentucky vs Missouri NCAA Basketball Odds & Prediction
- When: Tuesday, February 19 at 9 PM EST
- Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn/NCAAB
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- NCAA Basketball Odds: Kentucky WildcatsKentucky Wildcats -12 (Total 133)
Why bet on the Kentucky Wildcats?
One way to signal your intent to the rest of the field in any sport is to go out and beat the best team in the nation. That is exactly what Kentucky did over the weekend, taking out #1 ranked Tennessee in a rather lopsided 86-69 win. That victory was enough to move them up one spot to #4 in the rankings, and it may have been higher if they had been able to get past LSU a few days earlier in a close game that the Tigers won 73-71.</p.
We now have a tight race for the SEC regular-season crown, with Tennessee and LSU tied at the top and the Wildcats sitting just a game behind the leaders. Kentucky is 9-1 SU in their last 10 meetings with Missouri, which includes being 4-1 on the road. The Wildcats are an impressive 5-1 ATS as a road favorite this season.
- Total Score: 78.68
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.80
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.35
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.29
- Total Rebounds: 39.04
- Total Score: 65.64
- Field Goal Percentage: 40.68
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.95
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.47
- Total Rebounds: 29.20
Why bet on the Missouri Tigers?
The Missouri Tigers come into this week with a .500 record, sitting at 12-12 on the year, with the likelihood being that they are going to drop below that mark after this one. The reality is that the Tigers have struggled mightily in conference play, going just 3-9, a record that has them sitting perilously close to the cellar in the SEC.
They have had 4 previous meetings with ranked teams this season and have gone 0-4 in those games, so not much to like there. Missouri has also not been a particularly strong bet against the spread, going 6-6-1 in home games this season, which includes being 3-3 ATS as a home underdog.
- Total Score: 67.96
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.17
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.96
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.05
- Total Rebounds: 35.00
- Total Score: 68.88
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.50
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.59
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.02
- Total Rebounds: 32.38
Kentucky vs Missouri NCAA Basketball Betting Trends
- Kentucky is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Kentucky is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kentucky’s last 5 games
- Missouri is 2-3-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Missouri is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Missouri’s last 7 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
There is always the possibility that the Wildcats might have a bit of a letdown after beating the #1 team in the nation, but this looks like a team on a mission right now. I like them to go into Missouri and come away with a comfortable win, covering the spread in the process.
Score: Kentucky Wildcats 75 – Missouri Tigers 61