The Kentucky Wildcats (8-15) are at home in SEC action against the South Carolina Gamecocks (6-13) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The Wildcats are favored by 7.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is 151.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 30.4% of their games this season (seven of 23 chances), the Wildcats and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 151 points.
- In 10 of 19 opportunities (52.6%) this year, South Carolina and its opponents have combined to score more than 151 points.
- The Wildcats and the Gamecocks combine to average 7.9 fewer points per game than the total of 151 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.1 fewer points per game (148.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 151 points.
- The average point total for Wildcats games this season is 11.3 fewer points than the total of 151 in this matchup.
- Gamecocks games this year have averaged a total of 152.3 points, 1.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats score 69.4 points per game, 9.2 fewer points than the 78.6 the Gamecocks give up.
- Kentucky is 4-1 overall and 2-0-1 against the spread when scoring more than 78.6 points.
- When South Carolina gives up more than 69.4 points, it is 3-11 against the spread and 2-12 overall.
- The Gamecocks’ 73.7 points per game are just 3.4 more points than the 70.3 the Wildcats allow.
- When it scores more than 70.3 points, South Carolina is 6-0 against the spread and 5-8 overall.
- Kentucky is 0-9-1 against the spread and 3-7 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 73.7 points.
- The Wildcats have been out-scored by 20 points this season (0.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Gamecocks have out-scored them by 94 more points on the year (4.9 per game).
Kentucky Betting Information
- Kentucky has covered in just six of 23 matchups this season.
- The Wildcats have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 7.5 points.
- The Wildcats have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 9 of 23 games (39.1%).
South Carolina Betting Information
- The Gamecocks have a losing record against the spread, going 7-12 ATS (covering just 36.8% of the time).
- The Gamecocks have not fared well as a 7.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- South Carolina and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 13 of 19 (68.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/15/2020||Kentucky||-5.5||135.5||-252||+203||Regular Season||81-78 SC|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-48 UK|
- The Wildcats scoring leader is Brandon Boston Jr., who averages 11.6 per contest to go with 4.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- Keion Brooks Jr. is the Wildcats leading rebounder, pulling down 6.8 per game, while Devin Askew is their best passer, averaging 3.0 assists in each contest.
- Davion Mintz’s 2.0 threes per game leads the Wildcats.
- The Kentucky steals leader is Boston, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Isaiah Jackson, who compiles 2.7 rejections per contest.
South Carolina Leaders
- A.J. Lawson averages 17.4 points per game to be the top scorer for the Gamecocks.
- Justin Minaya has a stat line of 6.6 rebounds, 7.3 points and 1.8 assists per game for South Carolina to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jermaine Couisnard holds the top spot for assists with 3.2 per game, adding 10.1 points and 3.0 rebounds per outing.
- Lawson leads the Gamecocks in three-point shooting with an average of 3.1 made threes per game.
- The Gamecocks’ leader in steals is Lawson with 1.5 per game, and Jalyn McCreary is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED