The Arkansas State Red Wolves (5-4) will try to extend a four-game win streak when they visit the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (7-3) on Friday, January 22, 2021 at Cajundome as big, 10.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The over/under in the matchup is set at 145.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Louisiana (-10.5)||Under (145.5)||Louisiana 77 Arkansas State 65|
- The Ragin’ Cajuns and their opponents have combined for 145.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of 10 opportunities (50%) this season.
- Arkansas State has played in five games this season (out of nine total matchups — 55.6% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 145.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.2 more points per game (153.7) than this game’s total of 145.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.1 less points per game (140.4) than this game’s total of 145.5 points.
- The average point total for Ragin’ Cajuns games this season is 3.3 more points than the over/under of 145.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Red Wolves this year is 0.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Louisiana Betting Information
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 2-3-1 record.
- When favored by at least 10.5 points, the Ragin’ Cajuns have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- Louisiana and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 6 (33.3%) games this season.
Arkansas State Betting Information
- Arkansas State has a losing record against the spread, going 1-4-1 ATS (covering just 16.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 10.5-point underdogs, the Red Wolves have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In 3 out Arkansas State’s 6 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Louisiana||-3.5||149||-180||+150||Conference Tournament||73-66 LOULAF|
|2/26/2020||Louisiana||-3.5||150.5||-165||+140||Regular Season||77-74 LOULAF|
|12/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-67 ARKST|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-87 LOULAF|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-83 ARKST|
- The Ragin’ Cajuns scoring leader is Cedric Russell, who averages 16.9 per contest to go with 3.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Theo Akwuba is Louisiana’s leading rebounder, grabbing 10.5 per game, while Brayan Au is its best passer, distributing 3.5 assists in each contest.
- Russell provides the most three-point shooting production for the Ragin’ Cajuns. He knocks down 2.5 threes per game.
- The Louisiana steals leader is Mylik Wilson, who averages 2.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Akwuba, who compiles 3.5 rejections per contest.
Arkansas State Leaders
- Caleb Fields is the top scorer for the Red Wolves with 13.4 points per game. He also adds 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Arkansas State leaders in rebounding and assists are Norchad Omier with 11.9 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.8 points and 1.0 assist per game) and Marquis Eaton with 3.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.8 points and 3.3 rebounds per game).
- Malcolm Farrington connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Red Wolves, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 1.9 per game.
- Eaton (1.0 steal per game) and Omier (1.6 blocks per game) lead the Red Wolves in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Missouri State Bears vs. Evansville Purple Aces: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Purdue Boilermakers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Indiana State Sycamores vs. Valparaiso Crusaders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Montana State Bobcats vs. Idaho Vandals: 2/26/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Drake Bulldogs vs. Bradley Braves 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends