The Louisville Cardinals (7-1) will try to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the No. 19 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-1) at 6:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as 4-point favorites. The Hokies have won four games in a row. The point total in the matchup is set at 131.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Virginia Tech (+4)||Over (131.5)||Louisville 70 Virginia Tech 66|
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined to record more than 131.5 points in 250% of their games this year (20 of eight opportunities).
- Virginia Tech has played in six games this season (out of nine total matchups — 66.7% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 131.5 points.
- The Cardinals and the Hokies combine to average 14.2 more points per game than the over/under of 131.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 126 points per game, 5.5 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total in Cardinals games this season is 0.4 more points than the over/under of 131.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Hokies games this year is 8.3 more points than the point total of 131.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cardinals score 5.9 more points per game (70.1) than the Hokies allow (64.2).
- When Louisville totals more than 64.2 points, it is 5-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- Virginia Tech has compiled a 1-2 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when allowing more than 70.1 points.
- The Hokies put up 13.8 more points per game (75.6) than the Cardinals allow their opponents to score (61.8).
- Virginia Tech is 8-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 61.8 points.
- Louisville is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 75.6 points.
- The Cardinals have scored a total of 67 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.3 per game), and the Hokies have out-scored opponents by 102 points on the season (11.4 more per game).
Louisville Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Cardinals have covered four times in eight contests.
- The Cardinals have posted a winning record of 3-2 against the spread when the spread is -4 or higher.
- The Cardinals have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 3 of 8 games (37.5%).
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 5-3 ATS.
- When they play as at least 4-point underdogs, the Hokies have a record ATS of 3-3.
- In most of Virginia Tech’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (6 out of 8 games, 75%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2020||Louisville||-12||136.5||-902||577||Regular Season||68-52 LOU|
|2/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-64 LOU|
- The leader in points and assists for the Cardinals is Carlik Jones, who scores 16.4 points and distributes 5.1 assists per game.
- Louisville’s best rebounder is Jae’Lyn Withers, who averages 6.9 boards per game in addition to his 9.0 PPG average.
- David Johnson provides the most three-point shooting production for the Cardinals. He makes 1.8 threes per game.
- Johnson and JJ Traynor lead Louisville on the defensive end, with Johnson leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Traynor in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma collects 16.0 points and 6.7 rebounds per game for the Hokies, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- The Hokies’ top assist machine is Wabissa Bede with a stat line of 3.1 assists, 5.7 points, and 2.0 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Cole’s 2.8 made threes per game lead the Hokies.
- Virginia Tech’s leader in steals is Bede with 0.9 per game, and its leader in blocks is Aluma with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found