The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-3) are expected to continue a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 16 Louisville Cardinals (8-1) as 8-point underdogs at 8:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at Lawrence Joel Coliseum. The matchup airs on ACCN. The over/under for the matchup is set at 135.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Louisville (-8)||Over (135.5)||Louisville 72 Wake Forest 64|
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined to record more than 135.5 points in 44.4% of their outings this year (four of nine opportunities).
- Wake Forest has combined with its opponents to score at least 135.5 points in two of six opportunities (33.3%) this season.
- The Cardinals and the Demon Deacons combine to average 7.4 more points per game than the total of 135.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.4 fewer points per game (128.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- The average total the Cardinals have had set in games this year is 2.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Demon Deacons this season is 2.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.4 points per game the Cardinals average are 5.1 more points than the Demon Deacons give up (65.3).
- When Louisville totals more than 65.3 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- Wake Forest has compiled a 1-0 record against the spread and a 0-1 record overall in games when it allows more than 70.4 points.
- The Demon Deacons score an average of 72.5 points per game, 9.7 more points than the 62.8 the Cardinals give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 62.8 points, Wake Forest is 2-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Louisville has an ATS record of 0-1 and a 0-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 72.5 points.
- The Cardinals have put up a total of 69 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.6 per game), and the Demon Deacons have out-scored opponents by 43 points on the season (7.2 more per game).
Louisville Betting Information
- The Cardinals have been an even bet against the spread this season at 4-4-1.
- The Cardinals have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 8 points.
- Louisville has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 4 times in 9 contests (44.4%).
Wake Forest Betting Information
- Wake Forest has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 3-2 ATS.
- When they play as at least 8-point underdogs, the Demon Deacons have a record ATS of 1-1.
- Wake Forest has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 60% of matchups this season (3 out of 5 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/5/2020||Louisville||-15||142||-1748||+905||Regular Season||86-76 LOU|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-54 LOU|
- The leader in points and assists for the Cardinals is Carlik Jones, who scores 16.5 points and distributes 4.9 assists per game.
- Jae’Lyn Withers is the Cardinals best rebounder, hauling in an average of 7.4 boards in each contest while scoring 9.8 points per game.
- The Cardinals get the most three-point shooting production out of David Johnson, who knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
- The Louisville steals leader is Johnson, who averages 1.0 steal per game, while its blocks leader is JJ Traynor, who compiles 0.7 rejections per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- Isaiah Mucius records 11.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game for the Demon Deacons, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Carter Whitt dishes out more assists than any other Wake Forest player with 2.8 per game. He also averages 6.5 points and pulls down 2.5 rebounds per game.
- Jonah Antonio leads the Demon Deacons in three-point shooting with an average of 2.6 made threes per game.
- Wake Forest’s leader in steals is Daivien Williamson (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jalen Johnson (0.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found