Two hot teams square off when the LSU Tigers (10-2) host the No. 18 Alabama Crimson Tide (11-3) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The Tigers are 1-point favorites and put their four-game win streak on the line against the Crimson Tide, who have won seven straight. The over/under for the matchup is 163.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama (+1)||Under (163)||LSU 78 Alabama 77|
- In 50% of their opportunities this season (six of 12 chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 163 points.
- Alabama and its opponents have combined to score at least 163 points in 14.3% of their matchups this season (two of 14 chances).
- The Tigers and the Crimson Tide combine to average 3.2 more points per game than the total of 163 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.4 points per game, 21.6 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this year is 157.4, 5.6 points below the over/under in this game.
- Crimson Tide games this year have averaged an over/under of 150.3 points, 12.7 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers average 16 more points per game (86.1) than the Crimson Tide give up (70.1).
- LSU is 5-0 against the spread and 10-2 overall when scoring more than 70.1 points.
- When Alabama allows more than 86.1 points, it is 0-0-1 against the spread and 1-0 overall.
- The Crimson Tide put up 8.8 more points per game (80.1) than the Tigers give up (71.3).
- When it scores more than 71.3 points, Alabama is 7-0-1 against the spread and 10-0 overall.
- LSU’s record is 2-2 overall and 0-4 against the spread when it allows more than 80.1 points to its opponents.
- The Tigers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 177 points this season (14.8 points per game on average), and the Crimson Tide have put up 140 more points than their opponents on the year (10 per game).
LSU Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 5-7 record.
- When favored by at least 1 points, the Tigers have struggled to a 4-5 record ATS this season.
- In 8 of 12 (66.7%) contests this season, LSU and its opponents have hit the over.
Alabama Betting Information
- Alabama has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 8-4-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Crimson Tide have fared well, going 6-4-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Alabama’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 13 games, 46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Alabama||-2.5||167||-145||+118||Regular Season||88-82 ALA|
|1/29/2020||LSU||-5||165.5||-218||+173||Regular Season||90-76 LSU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-69 LSU|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-79 LSU|
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Cameron Thomas, who averages 22.1 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Darius Days leads the Tigers in rebounding, averaging 8.6 per game, while Ja’vonte Smart leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.0 in each contest.
- Smart paces his teammates on the Tigers with 2.5 made threes per game.
- Days and Josh LeBlanc lead the Tigers on the defensive end, with Days leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and LeBlanc in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
- Jaden Shackelford racks up 13.6 points per game and is the top scorer for the Crimson Tide.
- The Crimson Tide’s leader in rebounds is Herbert Jones with 5.9 per outing, and their leader in assists is Jahvon Quinerly with 3.5 per game.
- John Petty Jr. contributes the bulk of the Crimson Tide’s three-point shooting production. He makes 2.4 threes per game to pace the team.
- Alabama’s leader in steals is Jones with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jordan Bruner with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED