A game after he put up 25 points in an 83-75 loss to Arkansas, Cameron Thomas leads the LSU Tigers (14-8) at home against the Vanderbilt Commodores (7-13) as 11.5-point favorites. The matchup, which begins at 8:30 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021, airs on SECN. The matchup has an over/under of 159.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Vanderbilt (+11.5)||Under (159.5)||LSU 81 Vanderbilt 71|
- The Tigers and their opponents have totaled at least 159.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 11 of 22 games (50%) this season.
- Vanderbilt and its opponents have combined to score at least 159.5 points in 30% of their matchups this year (six of 20 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 155.5 points per game, 4.0 fewer points than the total of 159.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 10.6 fewer points per game (148.9) than this game’s over/under of 159.5 points.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this year is 158, 1.5 points below the total in this game.
- The average total in Commodores games this year is 13.1 less points than the point total of 159.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers put up 9.1 more points per game (82.5) than the Commodores give up (73.4).
- When LSU scores more than 73.4 points, it is 9-0 against the spread and 14-5 overall.
- Vanderbilt has a 1-3 record against the spread and a 0-4 record overall when giving up more than 82.5 points.
- The Commodores score an average of 73 points per game, just 2.5 fewer points than the 75.5 the Tigers allow.
- When it scores more than 75.5 points, Vanderbilt is 5-0-2 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- LSU has a 7-8 record overall and an ATS record of 3-12 in games when its opponents put up more than 73 points.
- The Tigers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 153 points this season (seven points per game on average), and opponents of the Commodores have out-scored them by just nine more points on the year (0.4 per game).
LSU Betting Information
- LSU has struggled against the spread, going 9-13 on the year.
- When favored by at least 11.5 points, the Tigers have struggled to a 1-3 record ATS this season.
- LSU has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 14 of 22 games for a 63.6% rate.
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- Vanderbilt has an 11-7-2 record against the spread, covering in 55% of their matchups.
- The Commodores have fared well as an 11.5-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- The Commodores and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 12 of 20 (60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/5/2020||LSU||-11.5||146.5||-817||+531||Regular Season||99-90 VAND|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-59 LSU|
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Thomas, who averages 22.8 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Darius Days is LSU’s leading rebounder, pulling down 7.3 per game, while Ja’vonte Smart is its best passer, distributing 4.1 assists in each contest.
- Smart connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.7 per game.
- Days is LSU’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Josh LeBlanc leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Scotty Pippen Jr. averages 20.5 points and adds 5.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Commodores’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- The Commodores’ top rebounder is Dylan Disu — he grabs 9.2 per game while scoring 15.0 points per game.
- Pippen leads the Commodores in three-point shooting with an average of 1.9 made threes per game.
- The Commodores’ leader in steals is Pippen with 1.7 per game, and Disu is their leader in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED