The Marquette Golden Eagles (8-9) are favored (-4) to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Butler Bulldogs (5-9) at 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at Fiserv Forum. The contest airs on FS1. The point total for the matchup is 129.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Marquette (-4)||Over (129.5)||Marquette 71 Butler 64|
- In 12 of 17 opportunities (70.6%) this year, the Golden Eagles and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 129.5 points.
- Butler has played in five games this season (out of 14 total matchups — 35.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 129.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 134.2 points per game, 4.7 more points than the total of 129.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.5 more points per game (137) than this game’s over/under of 129.5 points.
- The average total the Golden Eagles have had set in matchups this year is 12.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Bulldogs games this season is the same as the 129.5 point total in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Golden Eagles score just 4.7 more points per game (71.8) than the Bulldogs give up (67.1).
- Marquette has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when putting up more than 67.1 points.
- When Butler gives up more than 71.8 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Bulldogs score an average of 62.4 points per game, 7.5 fewer points than the 69.9 the Golden Eagles give up.
- Butler is 2-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 69.9 points.
- Marquette’s record is 3-11 against the spread and 5-9 overall when it allows more than 62.4 points.
- The Golden Eagles have out-scored their opponents by a total of 31 points this season (1.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bulldogs have out-scored them by 67 more points on the year (4.7 per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 5-12 record.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Golden Eagles have struggled to a 3-4 record ATS this season.
- The Golden Eagles have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 6 of 17 contests this season, a rate of 35.3%
Butler Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have a 5-8-1 record against the spread, covering in only 35.7% of their contests.
- The Bulldogs have not fared well as a 4-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 4-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Bulldogs games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 14 games, 35.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/9/2020||Marquette||-4||140.5||-189||+153||Regular Season||76-57 MARQ|
|1/24/2020||Butler||-6.5||134.5||-298||+234||Regular Season||89-85 BUTLER|
- Dawson Garcia leads the Golden Eagles in scoring and rebounding, putting up 12.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- D.J. Carton leads Marquette in assists, averaging 3.6 per game while also scoring 12.2 points per contest.
- Koby McEwen leads the Golden Eagles in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Marquette steals leader is Carton, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Theo John, who compiles 1.7 rejections per contest.
- Jair Bolden is the top scorer for the Bulldogs with 12.6 points per game. He also tacks on 3.9 rebounds and 1.0 assist per game to his stats.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in rebounds is Bryce Nze with 8.4 per outing, and their leader in assists is Aaron Thompson with 3.8 per game.
- Bolden makes 2.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in steals is Myles Tate with 0.9 per game, and Nze is their leader in blocks with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends