The No. 9 seed Marquette Golden Eagles (13-13) are favored by 3 points in their Big East Tournament matchup against the No. 8 seed Georgetown Hoyas (9-12) on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden, tipping off at 3:00 PM ET on FS1. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgetown (+3)||Under (144)||Georgetown 72 Marquette 71|
- In 42.3% of their games this year (11 of 26 chances), the Golden Eagles and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 144 points.
- In 10 of 21 outings (47.6%) this season, Georgetown and its opponents have combined to score at least 144 points.
- The Golden Eagles and the Hoyas combine to average 1.8 less points per game than the over/under of 144 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 143.3 points per game, 0.7 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The Golden Eagles average point total in outings this season is 140.4, 3.6 points below the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Hoyas this year is one point higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.5 points the Golden Eagles score per game are only 2.9 fewer points than the Hoyas give up (73.4).
- Marquette has a 5-0-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when scoring more than 73.4 points.
- Georgetown is 7-5 against the spread and 4-8 overall when allowing more than 70.5 points.
- The Hoyas average just 1.8 more points per game (71.7) than the Golden Eagles allow (69.9).
- When it puts up more than 69.9 points, Georgetown is 9-0 against the spread and 8-5 overall.
- Marquette’s record is 1-6 against the spread and 1-6 overall when it gives up more than 71.7 points.
- The Golden Eagles have out-scored their opponents by just 17 points this season (0.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Hoyas have out-scored them by 36 more points on the year (1.7 per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 10-15-1 record.
- The Golden Eagles have posted a losing record of 3-6-1 against the spread when the spread is -3 or higher.
- Marquette and its opponents have converted the over just 11 times in 26 (42.3%) games this season.
Georgetown Betting Information
- Georgetown has a winning record against the spread, going 12-9 ATS (covering 57.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Hoyas have a record ATS of 2-2.
- In most of Georgetown’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 21 games, 47.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Marquette||-4.5||148.5||-203||+164||Regular Season||64-60 MARQ|
|2/26/2020||Marquette||-8||151||-388||+293||Regular Season||93-72 MARQ|
|1/18/2020||Georgetown||-3.5||153||-176||+141||Regular Season||84-80 MARQ|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-84 GEORGE|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-71 MARQ|
- Dawson Garcia leads the Golden Eagles in scoring and rebounding, tallying 13.2 points and 6.7 boards per game.
- D.J. Carton leads Marquette in assists, averaging 3.3 per game while also scoring 12.8 points per contest.
- The Golden Eagles get the most three-point shooting production out of Koby McEwen, who knocks down 1.4 threes per game.
- Carton is Marquette’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Theo John leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
- Jahvon Blair’s points (15.9 per game) and assists (4.1 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Hoyas’ leaderboards.
- Qudus Wahab grabs 8.0 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.0 points per game and adds 0.2 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Georgetown rebounding leaderboard.
- Blair is dependable from distance and leads the Hoyas with 2.7 made threes per game.
- The Hoyas’ leader in steals is Chudier Bile with 1.1 per game, and Wahab is their leader in blocks with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED