The Marquette Golden Eagles (5-5) are 4.5-point favorites as they look to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Georgetown Hoyas (3-5) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at Capital One Arena. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET on CBSS. The matchup has an over/under of 148.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have put up more than 148.5 points in 150% of their games this year (15 of 10 opportunities).
- Georgetown and its opponents have combined to score more than 148.5 points in four of eight games (50%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 150.5 points per game, 2.0 more points than the total of 148.5 set for this matchup.
- The Golden Eagles and the Hoyas have seen their opponents average a combined 1.4 less points per game than the over/under of 148.5 set for this outing.
- The average point total for Golden Eagles games this year is 2.3 fewer points than the over/under of 148.5 in this matchup.
- Hoyas games this year have averaged an over/under of 151.5 points, 3.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Golden Eagles score just 0.9 fewer points per game (75.3) than the Hoyas give up (76.2).
- Marquette is 3-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread when scoring more than 76.2 points.
- When Georgetown allows more than 75.3 points, it is 2-4 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The Hoyas put up an average of 75.2 points per game, only 4.3 more points than the 70.9 the Golden Eagles give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 70.9 points, Georgetown is 3-0 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- Marquette is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 75.2 points.
- The Golden Eagles have put up a total of 44 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.4 per game), while the Hoyas have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by eight total points, -1 per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 4-6 record.
- The Golden Eagles have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or higher.
- In 5 of 10 (50%) contests this season, Marquette and its opponents have hit the total.
Georgetown Betting Information
- The Hoyas have a losing record against the spread, going 3-5 ATS (covering just 37.5% of the time).
- The Hoyas have not fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Georgetown has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (4 out of 8 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Marquette||-8||151||-388||293||Regular Season||93-72 MARQ|
|1/18/2020||Georgetown||-3.5||153||-176||141||Regular Season||84-80 MARQ|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-84 GEORGE|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-71 MARQ|
- Koby McEwen leads the Golden Eagles in scoring, tallying 14.2 points per game to go with 3.7 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- Dawson Garcia is the Golden Eagles leading rebounder, pulling down 6.7 per game, while D.J. Carton is their best passer, distributing 3.6 assists in each contest.
- McEwen paces his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 2.1 made threes per game.
- Carton is Marquette’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Theo John leads them in blocks with 1.8 per contest.
- Jahvon Blair is the top scorer for the Hoyas with 18.9 points per game. He also tacks on 4.3 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Jamorko Pickett puts up a stat line of 9.3 rebounds, 11.8 points and 1.5 assists per game for Georgetown to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jalen Harris holds the top spot for assists with 5.2 per game, adding 4.8 points and 3.6 rebounds per matchup.
- Blair’s 2.9 made threes per game lead the Hoyas.
- Georgetown’s leader in steals is Dante Harris with 0.9 per game, and its leader in blocks is Qudus Wahab with 2.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found