The Providence Friars (7-5) visit the Marquette Golden Eagles (6-6) as 3-point underdogs after David Duke racked up 30 points in the Friars 74-73 loss to Xavier. The matchup airs on FS1 at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is set at 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Marquette (-3)||Over (140.5)||Marquette 75 Providence 69|
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have scored more than 140.5 points in 41.7% of their games this year (five of 12 opportunities).
- Providence has played in seven games this season (out of 12 total matchups — 58.3% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 140.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.7 more points per game (147.2) than this game’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- The Golden Eagles and the Friars have seen their opponents average a combined 0.2 more points per game than the point total of 140.5 set in this game.
- The average point total for Golden Eagles games this year is 1.6 more points than the over/under of 140.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Friars this season is 5.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.6 points the Golden Eagles record per game are only 1.4 more points than the Friars surrender (71.2).
- Marquette has a 4-1 record overall and a 3-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 71.2 points.
- When Providence allows more than 72.6 points, it is 2-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- The Friars score 5.1 more points per game (74.6) than the Golden Eagles allow their opponents to score (69.5).
- Providence has put together a 6-2 overall record and a 5-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.5 points.
- Marquette’s record is 1-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread when it allows more than 74.6 points to its opponents.
- The Golden Eagles have put up a total of 37 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.1 per game), and the Friars have out-scored opponents by 40 points on the season (3.4 more per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 4-8 record.
- The Golden Eagles have posted a losing record of 2-3 against the spread when the spread is -3 or bigger.
- Marquette and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 5 of 12 games this season (41.7%).
Providence Betting Information
- Providence has a winning record against the spread, going 6-5 ATS (covering 54.5% of the time).
- The Friars have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 3-point underdog.
- Providence and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 7 of 11 (63.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Providence||-2||142||-137||+109||Regular Season||84-72 PROV|
|1/7/2020||Marquette||-6||144.5||-270||+211||Regular Season||81-80 PROV|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-58 MARQ|
|1/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-68 MARQ|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Golden Eagles is Dawson Garcia, who averages 13.0 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- D.J. Carton leads the Golden Eagles in assists, averaging 3.8 per game while also scoring 11.1 points per contest.
- Koby McEwen paces his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 1.8 made threes per game.
- Carton and Theo John lead Marquette on the defensive end, with Carton leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and John in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
- Duke racks up 20.2 points per game to be the top scorer for the Friars.
- The Providence leaders in rebounding and assists are Nate Watson with 7.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 18.3 points and 0.5 assists per game) and Jared Bynum with 4.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 5.8 points and 1.7 rebounds per game).
- Duke provides the most three-point shooting production for the Friars. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game.
- The Friars’ leader in steals is Bynum with 1.2 per game, and Watson is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found