The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (10-7) are underdogs (+4.5) as they attempt to continue a three-game win streak when they visit the Marquette Golden Eagles (8-8) at 3:30 PM ET on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at Fiserv Forum. The contest airs on FOX. The matchup’s point total is set at 151.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint John’s (NY) (+4.5)||Under (151)||Marquette 76 Saint John’s (NY) 73|
- In 25% of their games this season (four of 16 chances), the Golden Eagles and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 151 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have combined to score at least 151 points in nine of 17 outings (52.9%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 151.5 points per game, 0.5 more points than the over/under of 151 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined four fewer points per game (147) than this game’s over/under of 151 points.
- The Golden Eagles average point total in outings this season is 141.3, 9.7 points below the total in this game.
- The average total in Red Storm games this season is 6.2 more points than the point total of 151 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.7 points per game the Golden Eagles average are 5.7 fewer points than the Red Storm give up (77.4).
- When Marquette puts up more than 77.4 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- When Saint John’s (NY) allows more than 71.7 points, it is 4-6 against the spread and 5-6 overall.
- The Red Storm put up an average of 79.8 points per game, 10.2 more points than the 69.6 the Golden Eagles allow to opponents.
- Saint John’s (NY) has gone 9-4 overall and 8-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Marquette’s record is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it gives up more than 79.8 points.
- The Golden Eagles have totaled 33 more points than their opponents this season (2.1 per game on average), and the Red Storm have scored 42 more points than their opponents (2.4 per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- Marquette has struggled against the spread, going 5-11 on the year.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Golden Eagles have struggled to a 2-3 record ATS this season.
- Marquette has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 6 times in 16 contests (37.5%).
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has a winning record against the spread, going 9-7 ATS (covering 56.2% of the time).
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Red Storm have fared well, going 4-2 against the spread.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 11 of 16 (68.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Marquette||-2.5||152.5||-142||+117||Regular Season||73-71 MARQ|
|3/7/2020||Marquette||-2||154||-135||+112||Regular Season||88-86 STJOHN|
|1/21/2020||Marquette||-7.5||148||-359||+274||Regular Season||82-68 MARQ|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-69 STJOHN|
|1/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-69 STJOHN|
- Koby McEwen leads the Golden Eagles in scoring, tallying 12.4 points per game to go with 3.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
- Dawson Garcia is Marquette’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.9 per game, while D.J. Carton is its best passer, averaging 3.6 assists in each contest.
- McEwen paces his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 1.8 made threes per game.
- Carton is Marquette’s leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Theo John leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- Julian Champagnie records 19.7 points and 6.8 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, enough to make him the top scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Posh Alexander’s assist statline leads Saint John’s (NY); he dishes out 4.5 assists per game.
- Champagnie hits 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Red Storm.
- Alexander (2.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Saint John’s (NY) while Champagnie (1.3 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Indiana Hoosiers: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends