The Xavier Musketeers (13-6) are slight underdogs (by 2 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Marquette Golden Eagles (12-13) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 11 of 25 games (44%) this season, the Golden Eagles and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 144 points.
- In 12 of 19 opportunities (63.2%) this year, Xavier has combined with its opponents to score more than 144 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.6 more points per game (146.6) than this game’s over/under of 144 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 140.7 points per game, 3.3 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total for Golden Eagles games this season is three fewer points than the total of 144 in this matchup.
- The average total for Musketeers games this year is 2.4 more points than the point total of 144 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Golden Eagles put up 70.7 points per contest, only 0.3 more points than the 70.4 the Musketeers surrender to opponents.
- Marquette is 9-2 overall and 6-0-1 against the spread when scoring more than 70.4 points.
- Xavier has a 2-8 record against the spread and a 5-5 record overall when giving up more than 70.7 points.
- The Musketeers’ 75.9 points per game are 5.6 more points than the 70.3 the Golden Eagles give up.
- Xavier is 6-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it scores more than 70.3 points.
- Marquette is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it allows more than 75.9 points.
- The Golden Eagles have out-scored their opponents by only 10 points this season (0.4 points per game on average), and the Musketeers have put up 105 more points than their opponents on the year (5.5 per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 9-15-1 record.
- The Golden Eagles have posted a losing record of 3-8-1 against the spread when the spread is -2 or higher.
- Marquette and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 11 of 25 games this season (44%).
Xavier Betting Information
- Xavier has a winning record against the spread, going 10-9 ATS (covering 52.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Musketeers have not fared well, going 5-7 against the spread.
- In the majority of Musketeers games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (11 out of 19 games, 57.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/20/2020||Xavier||-2.5||140.5||-143||+119||Regular Season||91-88 XAV|
|1/29/2020||Xavier||-2||141.5||-135||+110||Regular Season||84-82 MARQ|
|1/15/2020||Marquette||-3.5||144.5||-174||+139||Regular Season||85-65 MARQ|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-82 MARQ|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-52 MARQ|
- The Golden Eagles leader in points and rebounds is Dawson Garcia, who scores 13.2 points and pulls down 6.6 boards per game.
- D.J. Carton is the Golden Eagles best passer, distributing 3.4 assists per game while scoring 12.7 PPG.
- Koby McEwen leads his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 1.4 made threes per outing.
- Carton is Marquette’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Theo John leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
- The Musketeers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Zach Freemantle with 16.7 points and 9.2 rebounds per game.
- Paul Scruggs dishes out 5.9 assists per game, the most assists on the Musketeers.
- Nate Johnson’s 2.6 made threes per game lead the Musketeers.
- Xavier’s leader in steals is Scruggs with 1.7 per game, and its leader in blocks is Freemantle with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED