The Charlotte 49ers (9-13) will attempt to end a six-game losing streak when they visit the Marshall Thundering Herd (13-6) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at Cam Henderson Center as big, 13-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 140 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have totaled at least 140 points — this matchup’s point total — in 17 of 19 games (89.5%) this year.
- Charlotte has combined with its opponents to score at least 140 points in six of 22 opportunities (27.3%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 4.4 more points per game (144.4) than this matchup’s total of 140 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.1 less points per game (138.9) than this matchup’s total of 140 points.
- The average total the Thundering Herd have had set in matchups this season is 14.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for 49ers games this year is 11 fewer points than the point total of 140 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Thundering Herd put up 81.1 points per game, 15.4 more points than the 65.7 the 49ers allow.
- Marshall has a 13-5 record overall and an 8-0-1 record against the spread when putting up more than 65.7 points.
- Charlotte has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when giving up more than 81.1 points.
- The 49ers’ 63.3 points per game are 9.9 fewer points than the 73.2 the Thundering Herd allow.
- Charlotte is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it scores more than 73.2 points.
- Marshall is 8-9 against the spread and 12-6 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 63.3 points.
- The Thundering Herd have scored a total of 149 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.9 per game), while the 49ers have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 54 total points, -2.4 per game).
Marshall Betting Information
- The Thundering Herd have struggled to an extent against the spread this year, posting an 8-9-1 record.
- The Thundering Herd have posted an even record of 2-2-1 against the spread when the spread is -13 or higher.
- Marshall has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 11 of 18 games for a 61.1% rate.
Charlotte Betting Information
- Charlotte has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 7-12 ATS.
- The 49ers have fared well as a 13-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 13-point underdogs.
- In most of Charlotte’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 19 games, 47.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2020||Marshall||-6||136.5||-275||+215||Regular Season||77-75 CHARLT|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-84 MARSH|
- The Thundering Herd scoring leader is Taevion Kinsey, who averages 19.8 per contest to go with 5.9 rebounds and 3.2 assists.
- Marshall’s leading rebounder is Andrew Taylor averaging 5.9 boards per game and its best passer is Jarrod West and his 6.3 assists per game.
- West contributes the bulk of the Thundering Herd’s three-point shooting production. He makes 1.9 threes per game to pace the team.
- West is Marshall’s leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while Jannson Williams leads them in blocks with 2.0 per contest.
- Jahmir Young sits at the top of the 49ers scoring leaderboard with 18.3 points per game. He also collects 4.9 rebounds and racks up 2.6 assists per game.
- Milos Supica is atop the 49ers rebounding leaderboard with 5.5 rebounds per game, and Jordan Shepherd leads the team in assists with 3.0 per contest.
- Young hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the 49ers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
- The 49ers’ leader in steals is Shepherd with 1.4 per game, and Jhery Matos is their leader in blocks with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED