The Old Dominion Monarchs (7-4) host the Marshall Thundering Herd (9-4) after winning four straight home games. The Thundering Herd are favored by 4.5 points in the contest, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021. The point total in the matchup is 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Marshall (-4.5)||Over (141)||Marshall 75 Old Dominion 69|
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have combined for 141 points — this matchup’s point total — in 11 of 13 games (84.6%) this season.
- In four of 11 outings (36.4%) this year, Old Dominion has combined with its opponents to score more than 141 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.1 more points per game (147.1) than this game’s total of 141 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141 points per game, the same as the over/under in this matchup.
- The Thundering Herd average point total in outings this season is 150.8, 9.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under for Monarchs games this year is 3.6 less points than the point total of 141 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Thundering Herd record 79.3 points per game, 9.8 more points than the 69.5 the Monarchs give up.
- Marshall has a 6-0-1 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when scoring more than 69.5 points.
- Old Dominion has a 0-2 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall in games when it gives up more than 79.3 points.
- The Monarchs’ 67.8 points per game are just 3.7 fewer points than the 71.5 the Thundering Herd give up to opponents.
- Old Dominion is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 71.5 points.
- Marshall has a 4-4 record overall and an ATS record of 3-5 in games when its opponents score more than 67.8 points.
- The Thundering Herd have totaled 102 more points than their opponents this season (7.8 per game on average), while the Monarchs have been out-scored by 19 total points (1.7 per game average differential).
Marshall Betting Information
- Marshall has been good against the spread this season, posting a 6-5-1 record.
- The Thundering Herd fare well when favored by at least 4.5 points, posting a 4-2-1 record against the spread.
- Marshall and its opponents have hit the total 6 times in 12 contests this season.
Old Dominion Betting Information
- The Monarchs have a losing record against the spread, going 2-7-1 ATS (covering just 20% of the time).
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Monarchs have a record ATS of 1-3.
- Old Dominion has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 40% of matchups this season (4 out of 10 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Marshall||-4||137.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-66 MARSH|
|1/18/2020||Marshall||-4||134.5||-191||+152||Regular Season||68-67 MARSH|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-67 MARSH|
- Taevion Kinsey leads the Thundering Herd in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 19.8 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
- Marshall’s best passer is Jarrod West, who averages 6.0 assists per game to go with his 12.3 PPG scoring average.
- Jannson Williams makes more threes per game than any other member of the Thundering Herd, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
- West is Marshall’s leader in steals, averaging 2.8 steals per game, while Williams leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
Old Dominion Leaders
- The Monarchs’ Malik Curry racks up enough points (16.2 per game) and assists (4.1 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Austin Trice is at the top of the Old Dominion rebounding leaderboard with 6.8 rebounds per game. He also scores 9.6 points and tacks on 0.8 assists per game.
- A.J. Oliver II is the top shooter from deep for the Monarchs, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- Old Dominion’s leader in steals is Curry (2.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Kalu Ezikpe (1.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends